Bitcoin or Gold, which one would you choose?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
In recent times this of us that are trading or have invested in bitcoin or other crypto currencies are not in our best of times, as i believe some set of greedy whales in the industry are trying to crash the market systematicallyto their favour, I think for now I will most like consider going for gold which has less risk as compared to bitcoin filled with somuch uncertainties.
The issue of the bitcoin volatility is what we should be worry about, it makes you rich quickly and makes you go bankrupt next minute. When fear index increases drastically it will trigger a sell-off. We are happy that the bitcoin is on the ascendancy and it's a bit favourable now. Thanks to its volatile nature

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It's advisable to put your money where your mouth is. During my NYSC way back 2009 in delta I used to buy gold chain at a cheaper price in agbhor and i will sell at higher price in yaba, lagos. Sometimes I make profit worth 100k . It's a cool business and more secured than cryptocurrency. It not an uncertain investment
Such business pose lesser risk than investing in crypto that is very much volatile, which can liquidate one's funds just as its doing now. Buying such product back then when you where at your national youth service in 2009 was very much profitable. I hope you're still engaged on the business up to this day dear??

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
A recent poll conducted in the US on which one is preferable between gold and bitcoin.

Some voted for gold because it has thousands of years of a historical record as a store of value, has one-fifth the volatility of bitcoin, and doesn't face the same competition risk . while some voted for bitcoin because of its liquidity when compared to gold.Gold is a store of value than the bitcoin

Although bitcoin has increased hundreds of percent in the last few months, it is likely to continue appreciating in US dollar terms over the coming years.

While gold and bitcoin are both sometimes used as a means to diversify and hold a range of valuable assets, in many ways they are quite different.

Bitcoin and other digital currencies can be easily traded on platforms. We have seen progressive global firms offering to receive payment in bitcoin
This liquidity, ease of exchange, and wider use in the modern economy are some of the major differentiators.

Which one do you vote for and why do you voted for it?
I prefer Gold to BTC because gold is an essential commodity that has never loss it value for once before and its always appreciating not depreciating like the BTC that can be affected with the environmental changes. Though its also good but I will prefer gold to it.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Everything you said is the simple truth when it concerns BTC and Gold comparison. BTC volatility can cause one making dividends that is hefty, at same time makes one lose money when it isn't moving up high in its price. Gold isn't volatile like BTC, it HSS been long too bringing financial success to those who bought and save the precious metal for long time.
It's advisable to put your money where your mouth is. During my NYSC way back 2009 in delta I used to buy gold chain at a cheaper price in agbhor and i will sell at higher price in yaba, lagos. Sometimes I make profit worth 100k . It's a cool business and more secured than cryptocurrency. It not an uncertain investment

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Arguably,investing in bitcoin is more profitable than gold but when it comes to stability, qold is a stable community and the price is not really affected. It's true that BTC has made many billionaire overnight but do not also forget that it has also made many lose a lot of money when the price dips uncontrollably
Everything you said is the simple truth when it concerns BTC and Gold comparison. BTC volatility can cause one making dividends that is hefty, at same time makes one lose money when it isn't moving up high in its price. Gold isn't volatile like BTC, it HSS been long too bringing financial success to those who bought and save the precious metal for long time.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Why their is less fear investing on Gold than in BTC, Gold isn't as volatile like BTC, it is less volatile, that's why the value doesn't go down poorly like the way BTC have seen in the last few months. Which have seen it be on the halved. But let's not forget that, the volatility in BTC is what makes lots of people billionaires today. When we are very much eager to earn and invest long time, we have chances.
Arguably,investing in bitcoin is more profitable than gold but when it comes to stability, qold is a stable community and the price is not really affected. It's true that BTC has made many billionaire overnight but do not also forget that it has also made many lose a lot of money when the price dips uncontrollably

Josemendez

Verified member
I will prefer bitcoin to gold because bitcoin can be easily gotten and sold compared to gold . Secondly , bitcoin is far more volatile than that gold and will give faster return at a short period of time.
But to an extent gold is more secured than bitcoin. It cannot be easily lost as it is with bitcoin. I will prefer to not venturing into gold at all , I don't want to have to wait long for my Investment

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know you to be a Bitcoin enthusiast. I agree with you partially because bitcoin is more profitable than gold and can make one wealthy overnight. Gold is good as a store of value but bitcoin is not because of its high volatile rate . When you trade in gold market, their is more confidence and lesser fear compared to trading in the cryptocurrency market. The cryptocurrency market is filled with uncertainty
Why their is less fear investing on Gold than in BTC, Gold isn't as volatile like BTC, it is less volatile, that's why the value doesn't go down poorly like the way BTC have seen in the last few months. Which have seen it be on the halved. But let's not forget that, the volatility in BTC is what makes lots of people billionaires today. When we are very much eager to earn and invest long time, we have chances.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Although i will do my research on that ,because i never believed that gold market cap could be more than bitcoin own ,since bitcoin have more performing activities interms on trading that gold ,gold might have been existing for a long time ,but it seems now there are less focus on gold and more focus are been shown on bitcoin and other potential asset
Gold is being traded worldwide but bitcoin is not accepted by all the countries. In the US people believe in trading on gold than bitcoin, they call it a SPECULATIVE CURRENCY and the market a SPECULATIVE MARKET. That's what they believe. Most of the rich people in the world like Warren Buffet, Bill Gate etc do not believe in the cryptocurrency.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
In terms of market cap , gold is more than bitcoin because it’s been existence long before bitcoin came into the limelight. it’s true that bitcoin can make you rich in a blink of an eye but it could do other wise too . I support the reason why you have decided to choose the bitcoin. Making a huge profit from an investment is a plus
Although i will do my research on that ,because i never believed that gold market cap could be more than bitcoin own ,since bitcoin have more performing activities interms on trading that gold ,gold might have been existing for a long time ,but it seems now there are less focus on gold and more focus are been shown on bitcoin and other potential asset

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
In terms of market cap , gold is more than bitcoin because it’s been existence long before bitcoin came into the limelight. it’s true that bitcoin can make you rich in a blink of an eye but it could do other wise too . I support the reason why you have decided to choose the bitcoin. Making a huge profit from an investment is a plus
Well apart from gold large market cap , i think bitcoiin performance have been on top notch as it keeps increasing in value and holders are the ones making more gains than before , most especially holders of 5 years ago , this alone shows the profitability rate of bitcoin on the long run ,so in picking i will surely choose bitcoin ahead

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
A recent poll conducted in the US on which one is preferable between gold and bitcoin.

Some voted for gold because it has thousands of years of a historical record as a store of value, has one-fifth the volatility of bitcoin, and doesn't face the same competition risk . while some voted for bitcoin because of its liquidity when compared to gold.Gold is a store of value than the bitcoin

Although bitcoin has increased hundreds of percent in the last few months, it is likely to continue appreciating in US dollar terms over the coming years.

While gold and bitcoin are both sometimes used as a means to diversify and hold a range of valuable assets, in many ways they are quite different.

Bitcoin and other digital currencies can be easily traded on platforms. We have seen progressive global firms offering to receive payment in bitcoin
This liquidity, ease of exchange, and wider use in the modern economy are some of the major differentiators.

Which one do you vote for and why do you voted for it?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Gold is a gem or part of jewelry which means it is tangible and not just an imaginary commodity. In the Vietnam war in the 1970s the wealthy Vietnamese escaped communist rule by paying gold to the boat men. I wonder if those boat men would accept a digital commodity that is not tangible and has no benefit except its value in the internet.
Your narrative showed that you supported gold investment. Gold is good as a store of value and not as volatile as the bitcoin. When you trade in the gold market, their is confidence and less fear of losing your money. The risk involved in crypto trades is very high when compared to gold trade. Their is always a huge loss when market go wrong in cryptocurrency space.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
If I am to pick I will choose bitcoin ahead of gold , considering bitcoin profitability rate and how you could easily earn money from the high volatility compared to gold ,this made me choose bitcoin , I have once traded gold but the price movement is not as high compared to bitcoin and major institutions are supporting bitcoin development

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I'll preferably stick to BTC cos that's the one that is well acquainted to me than Gold or any other precious stones. I've made countless BTC transactions bought some fractions BTCs, and sold some too and reserve some, which i converted into other Cryptocurrencies like BNB, DOGE, SHIB, LTC, BCH etc.
I know you to be a Bitcoin enthusiast. I agree with you partially because bitcoin is more profitable than gold and can make one wealthy overnight. Gold is good as a store of value but bitcoin is not because of its high volatile rate . When you trade in gold market, their is more confidence and lesser fear compared to trading in the cryptocurrency market. The cryptocurrency market is filled with uncertainty

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Definitely gold is less liquid and it's better use as a store of value . Bitcoin would have been a good store of value than gold if not for its volatility. Bitcoin can make you rich quickly and all your funds can also vanish into the thin air
Definitely gold is less liquid and it's better use as a store of value . Bitcoin would have been a good store of value than gold if not for its volatility. Bitcoin can make you rich quickly and all your funds can also vanish into the thin air if care is not taken .the profit that you will get in gold investment is not as high as what will be obtained in bitcoin

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
My answer will be subjective to be frank. I will choose base on the time I am asked this questions. Right now, I am going with gold because its value is now high and its demand is always high based on the fact that it is a composite demand. But if I was asked the same questions around last year March and April, I would definitely going for bitcoin.
Definitely gold is less liquid and

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
If I am to pick I will choose bitcoin ahead of gold , considering bitcoin profitability rate and how you could easily earn money from the high volatility compared to gold ,this made me choose bitcoin , I have once traded gold but the price movement is not as high compared to bitcoin and major institutions are supporting bitcoin development

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Gold is a gem or part of jewelry which means it is tangible and not just an imaginary commodity. In the Vietnam war in the 1970s the wealthy Vietnamese escaped communist rule by paying gold to the boat men. I wonder if those boat men would accept a digital commodity that is not tangible and has no benefit except its value in the internet.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'll preferably stick to BTC cos that's the one that is well acquainted to me than Gold or any other precious stones. I've made countless BTC transactions bought some fractions BTCs, and sold some too and reserve some, which i converted into other Cryptocurrencies like BNB, DOGE, SHIB, LTC, BCH etc.