Books are a good source for learning to trade

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
The best way to learn Forex trading is to read books or have a good mentor. if you prefer to read the book I recommend “Forex Trading: The Basics Explained in Simple Terms” by Jim Brown is a good choice to get started. In my case, my broker Eurotrader is my mentor. I learned forex trading from their educational resources. The broker offers video tutorials and online trading courses.

MakeitWork

In a more conventional way, I prefer books as well, but in terms of innovation and better explanation I would say video tutorials, and partnering up with the right team, It shall minimize the time consumed and be more focused on building your skills and experience, I think the best way is to get a team like 20MinTrader then partner it up with the right tools like TradingView then start trading with the right platform like PowerE*Trade, that is just an example of what I do

Lekhraj19

Verified member
It's great to hear such a nice and learning book for Forex. I would like to know more about it that whether it supports trading in currencies for all nations. I have heard a lot about Forex trading, but at the same time as a student being a student I am quite not in a situation to invest money. So, it would be nice if I would read this book.

Can you share some tips in addition that how a beginner like me can start Forex trading with less risk and more rewards? Although, uncertain nature is there but still.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
All this while I have only read about YouTube videos that could help one learn the basics of forex trading, but I am more happy to learn there are enough books that would help someone make it from forex trading. I am someone who learns faster from reading than any other learning method, though I am only focused on learning domain name speculation and earning from trendri and other earning sites right now, but I believe very soon, I am going to include forex trading to my list. Lots of people I know are making it from forex trading and I would not want to be left behind at all.

I will definitely get the one you recommended and also carryout personal research to know about other books too.

Samuelkanu

There are many books for trading Forex. It is good to read and learn from the books. Books help you to learn the basics in Forex like candlesticks chartings and the nature of forex trading. books are good because you can also make reference to them whenever you are confused about any concepts in forex trading. There are many educational books both online and offline that can help you to learn forex trading. Forest bases by Jim brown is a good book to start with .

Good luck

Verified member
To learn some concepts of forex trading one needs to read to broaden ones knowledge.There are lots of books on E commerce that gives clue on how to trade forex successfully but there is always a risk in any business one do either online or offline. The major thing to know is to have an idea of it and also ask questions from people that are into it and this does not stop one from reading books that have to do with it.

Ponmo

Books that have helped in guiding me during my beginner days in forex market are:
The black Swan by Nicholas Taleb
Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market by Kathy Lien

Tactical

Books are one of the easiest and most reliable sources of learning trading. As a trader, I too have studied a few books on trading. Some of the books that helped me become a better trader are-

1) Japanese Candlestick Techniques by Steve Nison
2) Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas
3)Forex Trading- Jim Brown

Suba

Staff member
I agree with your opinion, the best way to learn forex trading is through books and courses, because books and courses will teach you in full, and in detail from the lowest level to the advanced level. Through books and courses it will also explain the best time to trade forex and also explain how to reduce risk for novice traders.

brindagladden

Books are a good source of educating yourself about forex as they offer in-depth knowledge about all topics. Some of the books that helped guide me during my forex journey are:

How to Make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange, by Courtney D. Smith

Forex Trading: The Basics Explained in Simple Terms, by Jim Brown

Chlamys

Those who read books know how deep their impact can be. For trading, traders prefer reading books on trading psychology which help them make rational trading decisions. The best books on trading psychology are: “Trading in zone” by Mark Douglas and “Mastering Trading psychology” by Andrew Aziz and Mike Baehr.
Traders can prefer other books on how to carry out trades based on their trading strategies.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The most important thing to me is really the understanding of how to trade perfectly because what I need is not really something I have to decide if it's from book or anything. but I have to make sure I understand it perfectly because without understanding it does not make sense if you are using a book or you are using videos.

Some people could prefer to train you on how you can trade perfectly online with videos tutorial , well it is also among one of the best way you can learn how to trade perfectly but this will be dependent on the teacher and what you want to achieve at the end of day .
Personally I do not really consider how a teacher is giving me the training on how to understand a particular thing but the most important thing is just the understanding of what I am interested to know.

Anyone that is interested to learn how to trades must really understand how to do it perfectly because without understanding a person won't be able to trade profitably. And it does not really matter how you get your information but it's just how you can avoid losing in the volatile market.

Wordsmith

Books are a good source of educating yourself about forex as they offer in-depth knowledge about all topics. Some of the books that helped guide me during my forex journey are:

How to Make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange, by Courtney D. Smith

Forex Trading: The Basics Explained in Simple Terms, by Jim Brown
These books are really amazing for aspiring traders to gain in-depth knowledge.
“Trading in Zone” by Mark Douglas is my all time favourite book and I think every trader should read this book at least once.

Shaf

Verified member
Books will always remain the classic way to learn the basics and principles of anything. However, I find out that most of these books get outdated and the owners don't keep up with new and useful information.

Another issue I have with books is complexity. The use of big words, complex and difficult to read charts and very few examples that one can use to understand a particular principle can make it hard for you to grasp a concept. This is because the market is variable and people adapt to make more profits.

One chart pattern can be manipulated by market makers to different forms and books won't cover that. I would prefer a combination of using online tools to dive deeper while using books to get the basic idea of what's been said.

Heiden Lang

These books are really amazing for aspiring traders to gain in-depth knowledge.
“Trading in Zone” by Mark Douglas is my all time favourite book and I think every trader should read this book at least once.
I agree! For learning trading psychology, no book can beat this book.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Yes books are really needed in most things as it will really help you to also understand some of the online earning opportunities you can try out. I have read so many books concerning a lot of earning opportunities online and those Books really help me especially on how to make money on paid to post website, some gives me exposure to different earning opportunities

I don't really have much understanding about reading of books concerning trading of forex but most of the people that are interested to teach me how to trade forex profitably are
suggesting that the that should be online that involve direct meeting of people either from zoom or any other social media.

Well I do not see anything wrong with that because I just believe that will really help me to really understand how to trade because that is the most important thing as long as I understand what I am doing .

There are of free pdf I have on my phone that really talks about trading of forex and cryptocurrencies but the point is that I don't have a single time to read most of these things to really understand how most of them really works .

quindene

Yes, right. Books can teach you all that you need to learn to trade. But make sure that you practice on a demo account too because practical knowledge is equally important.

glabella

There are many books which traders can choose according to their needs. But books about trading psychology should be read by all the traders irrespective of the market he is trading.
I have recently started reading the “Market Wizards series” by Jack Schwager. These books in the series use interview format with successful traders.

waldgrave

Books are the foremost learning resources for forex traders. They are loaded with information. But relying completely on books will not make you a trader. Practice will! So when you learn from books, watch a video on the topic and implement what you learn practically on a demo account. This will help you grasp concepts better and quickly.

Mary Frederick

Yes, a trader can learn many terms and conditions by reading books but traders are very much reluctant to reading books and earning knowledge from it. Rather than reading books, they prefer more watching YouTube videos. It is also a good source of earning knowledge.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
I agree to this statement but truly there are some issues. Firstly, traders feel boredom reading books and secondly their greed of earning more instigates them to descend onto trading leaving all things behind. But reading books, watching video tutorials are good sources of earning knowledge.