Business Ideas Can A person Establish A Business That He Knows Nothing About.

Moni

It is so difficult to get employed nowadays especially if the person is university graduate. Mostly, they all depend on the government but unfortunately the government sectors can't satisfy most people wants. In most countries, every government sector is already full.

Most people also try to be in the private sectors but because of it's scanty, it is also impossible to solve most people problems. Considering all these things brings nothing but pressure and headache to many youth. Maybe you are a married man with kid, then how can you quench this fire of pressure?

At times I will just meet some people and just by looking at then the way they are so confuse and frustrate about their business, it seems they actually knows nothing about what they are doing but just that they are trying something.

By I always as can that be really possible? Can a person just start a business the he knows absolutely nothing about due to pressure?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is very advisable to start the business that one know more about than to start the one that some inr does not know at all.
On the other hand if one can get more hand that knows more about will be better .
One can as well consult some people that knows more about the business and allow them to put you through and by so doing success will come.
People do say that experience is the best teacher and if some one do not have it may be difficult to achieve any thing in business.
So if you know that you can not listen to advise from those that are more knowledgeable in that line then its better not to start at all because loose is inevitable.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Most people do this these days. They just randomly start a business that they know nothing about, but are motivated by the fact that others are doing it and are succeeding. I think what makes people to make a rush decision into business is that fact that many are unemployed. So their economic problems and needs makes them look for a faster way out.

Many graduates finished school with this mentality that they will just get employed right away for just what they studied in school. Therefore, they never took time to explore other areas. But then they graduate and reality hits them, there are no jobs out here. Then it also hits them that they really don't know anything else apart from what they studied. But they remember that there are so many people who have not graduated but are in business. They choose that path, not knowing that it requires some training too.

I think it is high time that people became flexible and learn on their own and not necessarily having to go to university in order to earn a living. The good thing is that there are many sources of learning these days. Right from ebooks, to YouTube videos and accessing knowledge from experienced people.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
At least if you are not able to get employment from the government , the best thing you should possibly do is to start up a business related to what you studied in school , this is the best because it might cuts of the risks of business failure due to lack of understanding . Generally it may not really be advisable that you start up a business you do not know because if you don't really know anything about a particular business line then you may not likely be able to manage the business perfectly to achieve maximum success..

The only way I believe you can be able to start up a business you do not know is to spend some of your time to learn about the business and its mode of operation first before you can even think of committing your money into the business. That is how most people are doing because the knowledge they will acquired will really help them and guide them through on how the business really work.

If I am a graduate I will start up a business based on what I studied or I learnt a digital skill to make money on the internet .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you have the money for the capital you can start any business that you like provided your capital is sufficient. You just have to register with the concerned government offices for the permit to operate and you rent or buy the business place. After that you have to hire people to operate the business. And since you do not know anything about the business so you cannot expect success. That may be a good experience for you so that next time you will have the volition to study the business before making a start up. Even in life when you do not know anything about an activity then it is either you avoid it or you learn before you get involved. Stupidity does not pay in the end unless you are one lucky guy.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is quite very possible to establish a business you know nothing about but that will be very hard except you have good amount of capital. You can simply do it by employing people that have proper business knowledge and knows about about the business to the core. Such people will help you run the business successfully but if you do not have sufficient capital then I don't think there is any way you can be able to run a business you know nothing about. It is always advisable for people to venture into businesses they have proper knowledge and understanding of so that they can be able to run it well and make it successful on the long run. There are some people that start businesses with little amount of money and they end up making the business very successful because they have proper knowledge and understanding of how it works.
There are many things that you must put in place that are very crucial role to whether you will succeed in a business or not and one of them is location. The location of your business matters a lot in a sense that even if you do not have proper knowledge of a particular business and you are in a good location there is a chance that you will succeed in such a business because there will be Monopoly. But you cannot succeed in a competitive environment where there are people that have good knowledge of that business.

D

Deleted member 13140

I don't think i would advise anyone to start anything you know nothing about, my initial advice would be if you want to go into business Start with what you know, I remember when I wanted to start blogging, I researched the best niche and most profitable finance niche was in the list, and I said myself well its finance I mean who doesn't know about money, but the truth was I wasn't passionate about the niche so I never could learn anything concerning finance.

And you're right about government sectors being full, I saw a video where the president of a particular country was telling the citizens they should be self employed because all job sectors were filled

moonchild

VIP Contributor
While I'll not advise anybody to start a business they know nothing about due to pressure because it is a clear recipe for disaster.

But I'll certainly advise you to start a business you know nothing about if you're solving a need or providing solutions for people's business, because a lot of people get involved in businesses they know nothing about and they made a lot of profits I'll give you some clear examples.

First of all, Jeff Bezos, the owner of Amazon started his company selling books only but today you can find virtually anything you want from consumer products to anything you can imagine, will you tell me that Jeff knows everything about all of the things he's selling? Certainly not, but because it's solving problem, he is making money from it.

Another example is information marketers, they write virtually about anything because people need information about that particular topic, because of that they research on the topic and sell the product, so you see you don't really need to know much about what you're selling if you know you're solving a problem.

Don't really worry yourself about knowing everything you're getting into, just know the basics and make sure you're solving a problem