Crypto Can Centralized Crypto Get "Shut Down" Just Like E-Gold Did In The Past?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
E-Gold was one of the most popular onlinepayment system. It was a kind of system where people used to pay "precious metals" to each other in the form of "digital gold". I think they used to transfer the value and ownership of precious metals and this is how the system worked. E-Gold was actually created back in the mid 90s and many people created accounts with them. In fact, E-gold became so popular that it gained millions of customers by the mid 2000s and it was used by almost all paid to click sites. The problem with E-gold was that it was a centralized network just like centralized coins we can find today. This is why the government was able to shut it down successfully. Can Centralized Crypto Get "Shut Down" Just Like E-Gold Did In The Past?

Good luck

Verified member
I remember when Egold was in vogue,where people use it to make payment online.But after sometime it crashed and no longer in use.Crypto currency has really gain ground in the system and it is used worldwide as a good means of payment.Our government almost crashed it down sometime ago but it is still very much intact even with the level of rise in dollars.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have never heard of the platform you said it crashed up there but I am sure crypto won't crash. Unlike the platform you mentioned which is centralized, crypto is not centralized but decentralized making every trader a shareholder in the determinant of the price of bitcoin. So it may he hard to crash.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I don't really have a good understanding about the e gold because I've never heard about it before. I do not like to invest in any business organisation that directly control what I am investing that is why I always prefer to invest in cryptocurrency because it is much more better to invest in cryptocurrency than others.