Binance Can I get scammed on binance PTP market place?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Some weeks ago , I was browsing through a forum I belong to and saw someone posted a screenshot of how he got scammed of $2000 worth of crypto currencies on binance peer to peer market place.

He had transferred the money to the seller's account and was waiting for the seller to release the coin he had in mind to buy, but it did not happen. This made him to lose that much amount of money which is equivalent to one million of Nigeria's local naira. This is so much money to lose seriously.

I want to really know how possible this is, because I usually thought something like this ought to be impossible given the fact that binance is very strict and does not tolerate things like this.

From my experience so far, I was thinking business will serve as an escrow between the seller and the buyer, and make sure that the buyer must have deposited the money and then the sellers coin will be held by binance. Then whenever the buyer has clicked that he has paid the money, binance will now wait for the seller to agree that he has been paid and then released the coin to the buyer.

However in this case where the buyer has refused to click the option of agreeing to have seen the payment, don't you think that it is possible to appeal such a request and then show binany a payment proof so that they will be able to rectify everything?

What do you think?