Never lend money to someone online or you would be scammed.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I read a post today in another forum about a certain member who is well known among the paid to post community and who is an active member of Trendri here scamming another prominent user of the paid to cost community. They had a long standing online business relationship even though they are continents apart and that was the basis for the lending and borrowing transaction.

This brings to bear one of the important financial mistakes people make and that is lending money to someone you don't know physically but just online. It is a terrible financial practice for a person to lend money to someone that you can't trace because a co forum user can't be traced as forums are faceless. You would just end up incurring financial losses at the end when the person stops replying your messages.

To avoid financial losses, don't lend money to anyone you meet online, be ut social media or forums.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have borrowed money through online forums a couple of times and I paid back with interest. I did not scam. But I know not all people are like me, I understand a lot of people are only looking to make quick bucks and run away with the money. However, sometimes people are also willing to help other people in need. That's what happened in my case. If you want to lend money, check the person's real identity through his social media accounts and pages.

Axis

Banned
Online peer to peer lending of money has been in existence for a long period of time but majority of people today have used this means to defraud individuals online and one of the most obvious platform that they do this is Facebook and Instagram. Online Peer-to-peer lending is obviously one of the short-term strategies that businesses used to fund their business and also private individuals used in seeking for funds. Peer-to-peer lending will involve effectiveness if only it is between individuals who know each other or who have talked to a great length and I've developed a level of acceptability and trust.

Random individuals seeking for money online is obviously a fraudulent activity and this obviously is not peer-to-peer lending because as the name implies, money borrowed will be refunded since it is a lending activity. Peer-to-peer lending can be done on a more sophisticated website apart from social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.