Can I survive without passive income

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I needed to ask this question because I have seen so many persons talk about passive income and create the impression that life will be unbearable and harsh on anyone who is not able to earn passively.

I am actually of the opinion that passive income is very good and helpful, but I do not think lack of it may mean much serious harm at some level. If I have a job that pays well, even without a passive income source, I can be able to take perfect care of myself and everything around me.

There are people that do not have the opportunity to earn passively: though I think they have not been intentional about trying to find one. Such people are still surviving though a couple of them can still be faced with financial struggles and hardship.

But as much as possible, try and get a passive income source and I think passive income is really good but not mandatory.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Having passive income is very important in your life because when you have passive income, you will still have income source when your active income source is lost. Let's say you have a job as well as real estate as passive income. When you lose your job, you will still have real estate property to offer you income opportunity. You can of course survive without passive income, in fact a lot of people don't even have a passive income source, they entirely life off their active income source. If you want to survive only with active income source, you need a good paying job, your salary should not only pay off your entire bills but also help you save money for the emergencies, as well as build retirement funds. When you have passive income, you also have retirement funds, and if you have only active income, you need to work hard to build retirement funds.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
In my opinion, passive income is a dream for most people. It is wonderful to earn money without making any special effort or while sleeping. Of course, in order to enjoy these passive earnings, you have to work hard in the beginning. Some people succeed in making passive income whereas some other people never succeed. Well, it is not the end of the world if you do not make a passive income but at least it is wise to give it a try.