Can Social Media Be Used To Manipulate Cryptocurrency Market In Some Way?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all know how social media could have a major impact on our life. We are currently living in a world where social media is being used to spread hatred and propaganda all over the world. I am certainly NOT saying that all social media platforms are bad albeit some social media platforms do nothing to stop hatred. What I am trying to say is that people often use social media for their own selfish reasons and they misuse social media. The big problems with social media is that some social media platforms are also worst platforms and I can say that these social media platforms are also a big reasons why these propagandist become successful to promote propaganda. One of the worst social media platform is facebook.

It does nothing to stop hatred and false information. I have myself reported many hateful posts that clearly violate their terms of services and they did nothing to stop that. many other facebook users have also experienced the same kind of prejudice and discrimination by the facebook administration. This led me to wonder if social media platforms could be utilized by the cryptocurrency promoters or token creators to influence the cryptocurrency market as a whole? Can the price of the coin get manipulated through false propaganda? I think that this has been done in the past. What steps could be taken to prevent this?