Can you manage a business away from home?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've heard people saying you can't manage business being far from it. You can still manage your business being away from the business but it won't be at its best compared to when the you the owner is closer to it.

Even if you hire a manager who you think is trusted, will look for more at some point cos we are humans. We aren't satisfied with money, greediness can come in anytime, especially when the manager is sending larger amount of funds to the original business owner. The manager will feel he's the one doing the tough job, that he deserves to earn big too. That's when the ruining time starts for the business enterprise.

Your family members, especially your immediate family members can assist you if any have experience of managing the business you were managing on your own before traveling. But it won't be on same par when you left it to seek pastures new.

You can share your own view on this, thank you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is nothing bad in this but the only problem is that it may not he effective. I have seen a similar case when both newly couple were just granted visa to travel. They didn't want to sell their business, so they travelled and with the aid of technology were controlling the business.

Good luck

Verified member
I can manage a business from home.it is just that one needs to have a good Managerial skills and to always reach out to people to get more ideas and information about such business to avoid going bankrupt.You can always communicate your manager everytime to see how the business is being run back home.close monitoring must be there.also make sure the business is in safe hands.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It's possible to manage your business away from home , many people manage their business from home and they are even Making sucess from the business they are doing , what matters most is if the person have records of and a good manager to run the business properly I think

sincerem

VIP Contributor
There is nothing bad in this but the only problem is that it may not he effective. I have seen a similar case when both newly couple were just granted visa to travel. They didn't want to sell their business, so they travelled and with the aid of technology were controlling the business.
It can be possible that way, but that doesn't mean they'll know everything that goes around the business even with the aid of technology. Someone must manage it for them. They can't use technology to control and manage the business from oversea. Some one must controls, and manages it for them.

Phabbyfundz

I think this is the point where we appreciate the true benefits of technology. we can now talk to anyone, have a meeting or even a conference from anywhere, even from the comfort of your home. I believe most businesses available now can be run online, you have delivery services, even transport companies you can order any service online. With a good website you manage your transaction ,paychecks and so on from anywhere.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a Japanese software house, the president who owns the company would come to our country every 3 months. That means he was monitoring the business via video conferencing. We always have the video conference every afternoon to inform our boss of the state of condition of the business.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I think it depends, there are some businesses that required the owner to be present if he or she wants to be successful in the business and there are some that does not necessarily require the owner to be there. For example if you have a real estate business. You can easily manage it from anywhere you are because all the numbers of your properties are documented and recorded, so you will know when you have income

dagm

It is feasible to handle your company far from house , lots of people handle their company coming from house as well as they are actually also Creating excellence coming from business they are actually performing , exactly just what issues very most is actually if the individual have actually documents of as well as a great supervisor to operate business correctly I believe

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a Japanese software house, the president who owns the company would come to our country every 3 months. That means he was monitoring the business via video conferencing. We always have the video conference every afternoon to inform our boss of the state of condition of the business.
Digitalization have made it possible for one staying from adar to monitor the progress of his or her business and know the in and out of the business. Thanks to technology for making things on earth easier and worthwhile. That has made people owning more than one business in different countries, and manage them well without obscurity.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Of course I don’t see any crime in managing a business away from home, although not all kinds of business allows it if you don’t want to destroy it. But if it permits it I don’t think it should be a problem. After all, one can do all the activities alone

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, their is no hindrance making one not to manage a business or businesses away from home. We are living in a computer era, where tech reigns. With the help of tech you can monitor your business progress, and know its way forward by taking business meeting online and discussing the way forward of the business, and achievements so far.