Caring for your health upon retirement

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My boss in the bank retired at age 50. She was too young but she said she wanted to savor life. Her husband has a good job so money is not an issue. At first I envied her situation especially when I would experience excessive stress at work. I can imagine the good life to wake up late and you can sleep late as well. You can also eat what you want while watching tv.

What a coincidence my former boss did that – she ate what she wanted while watching tv. From a weight of 120 pounds she ballooned to 150 pounds when we met after a year of her retirement. On the following year her health was obviously suffering. She was obese from too much enjoyment of life. It is a wonder that she is still alive today at age 76 and in a condition of obesity. She has a wheel chair because she has difficulty in walking and her legs are already bloated (maybe with water). I am posting this story to serve us a lesson to take care of our health when we retire.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
While its known that the importance of retirement is rest from years of toil it's good to think about ways to pass out some excess fats and sweat. Doing voluntary work can be of great help. Maybe at the local hospital thrice a week. Doing routinely exercise and getting involve with the other retirees to join simple field sport like golfing, Tennis, Squash, and so on.

Samuel72

Verified member
It was not wrong for your boss to retire at the age of 50 what was wrong was that she didn't go into weight control if she had controlled our weight by gyming or by dieting she would have enjoyed her retirement too the highest level without facing health issues.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The story is serving as an eye opener to those of us that eats without control. We shouldn't eat and forget to control our urge to eat food. We should eat and be cautioned, eating what the body wants to improve the health is worthwhile. The aged people shouldn't be burning too many calories rather they should settle down with vegetables and fruits to look fresh and healthy, exercise regular to keep fit and avoid undue body fatigue.

anil02

Verified member
My boss in the bank retired at age 50. She was too young but she said she wanted to savor life. Her husband has a good job so money is not an issue. At first I envied her situation especially when I would experience excessive stress at work. I can imagine the good life to wake up late and you can sleep late as well. You can also eat what you want while watching tv.

What a coincidence my former boss did that – she ate what she wanted while watching tv. From a weight of 120 pounds she ballooned to 150 pounds when we met after a year of her retirement. On the following year her health was obviously suffering. She was obese from too much enjoyment of life. It is a wonder that she is still alive today at age 76 and in a condition of obesity. She has a wheel chair because she has difficulty in walking and her legs are already bloated (maybe with water). I am posting this story to serve us a lesson to take care of our health when we retire.
First thing retirement from job dose not means that some one spend life like a handicap. If we want we can live active after retirement. It is my opinion that we can we must be do our job till the date of retirement. If some one want to retire before the date they must be keep active to them. If we search we will find thousand means to keep us active.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like the mention of sports because that is a healthy endeavor especially if the sport is a team game. You gain new friends and the relationship does not end in the sports but can also continue at home or in some social occasions. To be honest, I am lacking in social activities that I still have to join the senior's club in our village.

anil02

Verified member
I like the mention of sports because that is a healthy endeavor especially if the sport is a team game. You gain new friends and the relationship does not end in the sports but can also continue at home or in some social occasions. To be honest, I am lacking in social activities that I still have to join the senior's club in our village.
Social activities is must for us. A person who a social life live long a healthy life. you can start any sports at club of your village which you join. I have not social life because of my health problems so I am missing it. Before my health problem I have many friends and I was also active in society