Challenges to encounter as a local marketer

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Local marketing is quite lucrative but it does not mean that it does not have its own disadvantages as well. Although I would not really call it that, it would rather be best to call it challenges which every job does have too.
The thing is that the set of people that do this particular job do not depend on salary because it is not official, it is just like an extra hand given to a small business owners or let me say petty traders in order to increase the selling rate of their goods. These are some of the challenges that might befall anyone in this line of career.

1. Income is not certain
2. Type of product

1. Income is not certain: Of course there is no assurance that money will be made anytime you decide to carry out your job because it not wages paid kind of work, unlike the official type where you have to get paid for your services whether the company makes income or not. In this case, the money you add on the item being sold is what will be your income.

2. Type of product: This might cause an issue for you as a marketer if the goods you are marketing is not really needed by the customers or maybe the rate of competition of such product is high. It means that a lot of sellers are venturing into selling it. This might reduce your chance to get buyers for it.

I don't expect a local marketer to focus primarily on such a job because it is not even secured. The company may terminate the appointment if the marketer is not meeting up with the demand of the company. To make sure he however performs maximally, he needs to be very good at persuasion, marketing technique and how to withstand competition. He must learn how to identify what the customers really need. And make sure he reports the feedback of the customers to the company.