Do you earn money through blogging?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging means publishing articles on your own website or third party websites. If you search online looking for ways to make money online, you will see that blogging is one of the most popular ways to make money online. You can earn from blogging through platforms, for example your own self hosted website, free blogging platforms, article writing sites, etc. You will have to invest money to build a self hosted website (for a domain and hosting), however, you can start blogging on free websites or article publishing platforms without spending a dime.

Before I joined forums back in December 2020, I had never written anything that made money. Well, I had written copy for various projects (software development, app development, etc.) but that cannot be termed as writing. I made money by writing online when I joined forums. Posting on forums also allowed me to hone my writing skills.

These days I am on various forums where I earn from writing. I also write blog posts for Forum Coin and get paid for writing blog posts. I have three websites. I hired content writers to write content for my website, but I have decided to start writing blog posts for my websites.

arunima25

Verified member
I have a personal blog but that is not monetised. I am not regular there and so it has lost the viewers too. I am planning to go back to my personal blog soon. I am right now working on my own site and writing and saving blog posts for it for future use. I am planning to have this site monetised. I have plans for blogging as well as Vlogging there.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have a personal blog but that is not monetised. I am not regular there and so it has lost the viewers too. I am planning to go back to my personal blog soon. I am right now working on my own site and writing and saving blog posts for it for future use. I am planning to have this site monetised. I have plans for blogging as well as Vlogging there.
If you have at least 30 articles on your blog, you can submit your site for adsense. If your articles ar original and unique, your blog will be approved. ONce adsense approves, you can try submitting to other ad networks like infolinks, etc. Running ads is not very difficult generating revenue is. For revenue generation, your site needs a lot of traffic.

arunima25

Verified member
If you have at least 30 articles on your blog, you can submit your site for adsense. If your articles ar original and unique, your blog will be approved. ONce adsense approves, you can try submitting to other ad networks like infolinks, etc. Running ads is not very difficult generating revenue is. For revenue generation, your site needs a lot of traffic.
Thank you for your valuable information. My blog might have close to 30 blogs. And I am planning to add a few more that are ready offline. My blogs are more of personal journal and creative writing. I have a circle of friends who follow my blog.
I have never tried well to get more traffic and I know that this is the most important aspect. I have to work hard on that.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Thank you for your valuable information. My blog might have close to 30 blogs. And I am planning to add a few more that are ready offline. My blogs are more of personal journal and creative writing. I have a circle of friends who follow my blog.
I have never tried well to get more traffic and I know that this is the most important aspect. I have to work hard on that.
Adsense might reject your site when you submit the first time. You should never get discouraged and continue to improve your site and resubmit. There is no limit to many many times you can submit. My site was accepted after being rejected over a dozen times. Adsense cares about content, you need a lot of content and you need high quality content.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Blogging is undoubtedly one of the best ways of making money online in 2021. Before you venture into blogging you must learn SEO which helps you to get a lot of traffic from Google and probably other search engines. The main reason a lot of people do not make money from blogging is that they don't know SEO and how to publish quality articles that attracts people or traffic.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be frank I envy my blogger friends that they earn good money like $100 a month. One of them earns more than $1,000 a month. But they are not really star bloggers but just ordinary bloggers that have hundreds of regular readers. In Facebook I have 600 friends and my post would get just around 50 reactions. Maybe that's also the same number that I would get in my blog.

arunima25

Verified member
To be frank I envy my blogger friends that they earn good money like $100 a month. One of them earns more than $1,000 a month. But they are not really star bloggers but just ordinary bloggers that have hundreds of regular readers. In Facebook I have 600 friends and my post would get just around 50 reactions. Maybe that's also the same number that I would get in my blog.
You have 600 friends there in Facebook and you get only 50 reactions. That's a huge difference. It means even a huge network on social media can not guarantee a traffic unless they all are active there and show interest in your posts.
That is a decent money what they are earning. And slowly they can improve and build on that. I would call it a pretty decent earning considering the fact that they are not star bloggers. That gives a lot of hopes for people who are beginners in blogging

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have a website, and I earn from my website. Even though I have ads on my websites, I do not earn from ads, I earn from doing sponsored posts, and reviews. earning from ads can be very difficult, however, you can earn really well from sponsored posts. Sometimes I earn upto $20 from a single post.