Do you know that there are disadvantages to earning online

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I happen to be one of those people that have the opportunity to make money online and to be honest, it is not quite easy as it looks when people find out that I make income from online, especially when I tell them that I also deal with buying and selling of cryptocurrencies. The next thing that comes to their mind is that “he must be rich to do such business” some do even think that I am an online fraudster because that’s what most of them uses as a camouflage when they are asked about what they do for a living.
There are disadvantages to this as well just like every other means of making money does, which are;

1. People over-hype online workers
2. There is no safety assurance
1. People over-hype online workers: This is actually true though, and I think I just said something about it above on this particular post. They think everyone working online is a millionaire which is not so because our jobs are different from each other.

2. There is no safety assurance: what I simply mean by this is that, internet itself is not really controlled by some people, if anything should happen to the platform you are making money from, there is no one to blamed for it, especially when you have invested money in that same site.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think this poster might be right in some aspect though because people do make this mistake several times. As a matter of fact, it has happened to me before when I was accused of being into fraud because they notice I do make my money online and they did not really understand what I do to make the money, but because of the high rate of fraudsters in the Nigerian society, so they just assumed that I was one of them, which led me down to a police station to solve the case. My point is, People around here have the habit of being too quick to judge

Caramelle

For me, the main disadvantage of working online is the lack of assurance or stability over the earnings amount and the platform itself. Online workers work on a no work, no pay basis so the earnings usually depend on the number of hours we spend on the job and the rate applicable to the job. The rate varies among jobs and platforms. Too often, working on one site won't suffice so we need to juggle and move between sites in a single day. It is a constant, often uphill, battle on a daily basis for most online workers. You may find one great site one of these days but there is no assurance at all that it will last.

Immilash

I completely agree with you, not even online earnings everything has it's own advantatTge and disadvantage. It seems like you only look at the negative aspects of it but it also has a positive aspect.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The main disadvantage of online investing is the potential for fraud. Traditionally, investment firms were required to provide investors with a hard copy of their prospectus and other documents. Online platforms have no such requirement, which makes it more difficult to verify whether they are legitimate.

Another disadvantage is that there are no clear rules governing what constitutes a suitable investment and when an investor should move his/her money out of an investment. The lack of regulation also means that many online platforms lack basic security measures such as encrypted data transmission, which can make them vulnerable to hackers and cyber attacks. This can be particularly dangerous if you're investing in crypto assets like Bitcoin or Ethereum because they aren't backed by the government or any other central authority.

There are also tax implications when trading digital currencies. If you sell Bitcoin for fiat currency (dollars or euros) using an exchange such as Coinbase, then you'll incur capital gains taxes on the profit generated from selling your crypto assets for fiat currency. In addition, if you're holding your crypto assets in an account at Coinbase and decide to sell them, then you'll have to pay income taxes on any profits from selling them.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are quite a few disadvantages to working online. One of the biggest disadvantages is that you can never be sure of who you are working for. There are a lot of scams out there, and if you're not careful, you could easily end up being taken advantage of.

Another disadvantage of working online is that you can never be sure of how much work you're going to get. It can be very feast or famine, and that can be very frustrating, especially if you're trying to make a living working online.

Finally, working online can be very isolating. Unless you're very disciplined, it's easy to spend all day, every day, working in your pajamas and never leave the house. That can lead to a feeling of disconnection from the rest of the world, and that can be very difficult to deal with.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Online investing has its advantages, but it also has its drawbacks. The biggest disadvantage is that online investment companies are not regulated by the government. This means that they can take advantage of the investor and overcharge them for the services they provide.

Another disadvantage is that you cannot see the person who is investing in your account. This makes it harder to verify whether or not you are dealing with a reputable company. You also cannot talk to someone who works directly for the company, so there is no way for you to know if your money is safe or not.

Another disadvantage of online investing is that it can be difficult to withdraw your money from an account if needed. Withdrawing from an IRA requires special paperwork and may take several days before you get your money back into your bank account or other financial institution.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Of course anything that has advantages will definitely have disadvantages and even life itself have disadvantages and so talking about the disadvantage of making money online there are indeed numerous disadvantages of making money online and to some extent this disadvantages may sound unrealistic but to be very sincere they absolutely exist . One common disadvantage of making money online is the fact that we could become victims and subjects to online scammers and fraudsters who goals and objectives is to scan and defraud as much individuals as possible in order to enrich themselves . Another disadvantage of making money online is the fact that it destroys or limit the practice of offline investment this is possibly due to the fact that majority of people are becoming more drawn to online investment because they have the feeling that it is more payable and less stressful .

It is absolutely true that making money online is very interesting especially if you have a legit paying website that absolutely pays you to carry out the various activities but one thing is absolutely common is the fact that majority of people are so desperate to make money online and because of this they fall into many pains and snares like getting scammed .

Rubz

Off course, they are a lot of disadvantages of working online as there are advantages as well. It's a two way something. Some disadvantages of working online includes;
  • Most online business are not save. One can hardly tell the genuine online business from the fake one and one may fall victim to online fraudsters.
  • One might find it difficult to withdraw one's earning because most online businesses pay with crypto currencies and not all countries accept crypto currencies as a means of carrying out transactions.
  • The activities of most online businesses are not regulated by the government.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Working online is really great. But it comes with its own fair share of disadvantages for sure. Personally, I have stopped telling people that I work online. Because whenever I tell them, they either doubt me or think that I am so rich to be working there.

Another disadvantage of online work is that you are taking a huge risk. There are scams online and sites can stop paying anytime. So you just do your best to identify legit sites and work with them as long as they exist.

You also face the risk of losing your money if you invest online to earn. I know legit online investment like forex and crypto trading require you to be skilled. But you may have those skills and some circumstances cause you to loose your hard earned money. That causes so much distress.

Lastly, it is not easy to stay disciplined with online work. Your phone/device alone is a great distraction yet it is what you need to use to make money online.