Earn Money Disadvantages of earning money from home.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is not an overstatement to conclude that some people has really made a fortune through working online from home. They have delved their hands into freelancing, affiliate marketing and the likes to get money.

However, these does not mean that making money from home doesn't come with its own disadvantages. Just like the saying, anything that has advantages most have disappeared. Below are the disadvantages of making money from home.

1. Lack of discipline : for the fact that we are not working for anybody can make us lack discipline. We may decide to work any time we feel like and do it anyhow depending on out need at that time and not as an obligatory.
  2. Social effect : working online can breed introvertism. Since we only interact with people or even the chart, in the case of crypto, we may not even be able to associate and relate with people. This is because we don't need to see people daily before we complete our transactions.
  3. Health effect: it is likely to cause depression, especially the forex and other high rain takers. It can cause eyds problems too as a result of exposing to the screen

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The only disadvantage that I can see is not earning enough money. It is really difficult to earn by working from home. If you are employed by a company to work from home, you might be able to earn well, however, if you are freelancer, it is quite difficult to earn decent income.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There is no disadvantage for me, in fact it is one of the most easiest way you can make money at the convenient time that is suitable for you, because most online workers are likely to do it on their spare time which can I give them much time to engage and do other activities.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the problem is that the people around you will not understand how you are making money unless they are doing the same thing as you. People will be thinking that you are into fraud, especially when you have lot of money to spend around. The reason is that lot of young people who are making money online are doing so through fraud of different kind. Another disadvantage is that you will become lazy to do any physical work.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are truly the disadvantages that come with working online as your only source of income. Indeed one can give in to laziness and procrastination easily due to having no boss to monitor you. Then you nay end up being anti social and just sitting all day doing online work can affect your health. So we need to balance being offline and online while taking care of our health.

Wiserr

Well said, there are many disadvantages of making money from home, the first disadvantage is distraction, you'll get distracted from what you are doing maybe from a friend or your family members but there's a way you can take care of that if you are disciplined everything will be possible

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you're talking about the association with people, I don't care about that, If making money huge online will come from dissociating myself from friends and other people without commiting crimes, I will definitely wow it. People who wouldn't give me anything is it the kind of people I'll spend my precious time with? People who will see a money making chance offline even online and hide it away from me. Never, I will simply stay away from some persons, oy my family members I'll spend some time with when I need them most. I enjoy being alone, thinking deep, and working all day online without distraction.

What I really try to avoid, it's simply the health related aspect of it. I understand when I turn workaholic, which I do turn at times, will cause me depression. And we know that, depression is a serious problem of the well-being of an individual. That's why I don't engage so much online to forfeit a proper resting time or sleeping hours, I definitely sleep well when it is right for me to do that. But I wouldn't sleep all day because I am resting my body to avoid Beth issues, never, my online engagement is very important to me.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I am afraid of working from home as much as I want it. The reason is that my body system react differently while I am working in a company.

Working from home comes with much freedom. This freedom can brings about laziness in someone especially when you are earning money on autopilot. Working from home can bring about lack of laziness.

This happened to one of my friends who happens to make 3000 Dollars from domain name buying and selling business. Since the time he has attained that level, he becomes lazy as he has it in mind that he can still make money at any time.

The same thing happens to me. My body react very actively during the week when I am going to a workplace. But when it comes to focus on my own work during the weekend, I become lazy. Most times I don't always meet up my target.

I think it is good for someone to cultivate the habit of self discipline if you are going to work from home. It is the self discipline that will prevent you from becoming lazy with your work. Laxity comes when you don't have to work hard to earn money anymore.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The health aspect is definitely very true, I remember some time ago when I started working online my health was really affected because I didn't have a lot of time to sleep. The fact that I am a student and also trying as much as possible to work online makes it even worse because I have to bring out time for my studies and also bring out time to make some money on the internet. If you are not disciplined enough and you're working online then there will be a lot of disadvantages that comes with it no matter the amount of money you make. It is very important that we try as much as possible to value our health and also try to have some sleep. it doesn't make sense for you to be working and you are using the money to treat yourself of illness. So as someone who is working online it is much important and that you are disciplined enough and make your schedule very well. Another disadvantage of working online is that it can really affect your social life. You may not have the opportunity to meet with people and socialize which is really very important for every human being.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I agree there are disadvantages, but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages because if you're working online you have immune yourself with different syndromes from office politics to gossips to anything nasty that deals with people.

I am an introvert and I prefer to stay alone in a dark room with a breezing cool fan, while I read a book or watch a movie, I don't care about the outside world, and I'm not your stereotypical soft hearted person, I'm very outspoken, I say what I feel every time, I just like my space.

So working online is the best thing that ever happened to me after hot jollof rice and coleslaw.

About the health, I don't see it as a disadvantage, I eat healthy food mostly vegetable and protein, I don't eat carbs frequently and I exercise daily.

The thing is we have different personality no matter comfortable remote work is an extrovert prefers to stay outside and be with people these are genetic markups that have nothing to do with the individuals involved.

It's best if one understands his body and self and then create a lifestyle that integrate with that, that's the best way to eat your cake and still have it lol

niche

Verified member
In some countries , government officials will falsely claim that their relatives, friends are doing the computer work to get them government jobs, when the associates are not interested in doing the computer work. The person who is actually doing the computer work, is criminally defamed and slandered to ruin the persons reputation, credibility, so that no one believes the hardworking person.

Rubz

For everything that has a disadvantage, there is also an advantage. Working at home although it has a lot of advantages, it also have disadvantages. I feel the major disadvantage of working at home is that one may face a lot of distractions. It could be distractions from tv, sleep, or children if one has any. Another disadvantage of working at home is that one might be lazy, home is one's comfort zone and when one is very comfortable, one might end up not doing all the work one has planned to do. Another disadvantage of working at home is that one might end up over working one's self because the working hours is not defined unlike in an office or a shop.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yes I agree with this post. It states some practical and experiancial disadvantages of making money online.

You talked of making someone an introvert and feeling of loneliness. This is true because personally, I have experienced this and am still experiencing it. Nevertheless, I don't see that as being disadvantageous to a large extent

And also the effect of constant exposure of the eye to radiation is another thing. It can cause eye problems and if not properly managed has the potential of leading to temporary or even permanent blindness.