Do you prefer to HODL or trade Bitcoin?

Shaf

Verified member
If you ask any investor who has been into cryptocurrency for long, has a lot of capital and knows the ins and outs of the market, they would always advise that either Bitcoin or Ethereum form a major part of your portfolio.

Most do advise that 20% of your liquidity should be used while some say 10%.

Now, it's important to know if what you want to do is to trade or hodl that Bitcoin and even accumulate more to hold for years. This is because each strategy requires different approach to be effective.

Generally, it's advised to buy low, sell high and repeat the process, or to use dollar cost average to accumulate if you want to be a holder.

Each strategy also has its advantages and disadvantages. Without the right skills, you can lose serious money while trading especially if you use leverage. However, you can make food money here which can be used to accumulate more of Bitcoin.

With holding, you have to keep in mind the uncertainty surrounding Bitcoin, and how future events might affect it.

Which would you do though, Trae or hodl Bitcoin, and why would you do that?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is much reason why a crypto enthusiast should know whether to hodl or trade with his coin. The two have their own advantages and disadvantages. And it is noteworthy to know that, the two can be done maximally to generate income as a trader should not depend on one.

Generally, apart from bitcoins and some other few coims that share the same network with bitcoin, other coins are regarded as altcoin and they are not meant to be hodl for no reason. They are better traded off in short term basis self.

Before one can decide to hodl a coin, there should be possibility that the coin will have more value added to it in the long run. Most time, those big coins like bitcoin and some others can be successfully hodl because they always have high volatility and market volume.

A trader should trade with coins that are nearly new and they are performing well. Most new coins always start with good move and even be recording high percentage only for them to be performing absymally later.

Finger Geek

Verified member
If it bitcoin. I will prefer to trade with Bitcoin than to hodl it. Because Bitcoin is not like any other small coin that still has small price. With the small coin, there is tendency that the coin will rise in high folds. But bitcoin price is already high. So it will be hard to earn high profit from bitcoin from hodl. Like Shiba price that rose to more than times 1000. So people that hodl Shiba, they would have made lots of profit.

But for bitcoin, the best way to make more money is to trade with bitcoin. Bitcoin if traded well, there is tendency that one can make up to 40% from trading.

Shaf

Verified member
If it bitcoin. I will prefer to trade with Bitcoin than to hodl it. Because Bitcoin is not like any other small coin that still has small price. With the small coin, there is tendency that the coin will rise in high folds. But bitcoin price is already high. So it will be hard to earn high profit from bitcoin from hodl. Like Shiba price that rose to more than times 1000. So people that hodl Shiba, they would have made lots of profit.

But for bitcoin, the best way to make more money is to trade with bitcoin. Bitcoin if traded well, there is tendency that one can make up to 40% from trading.
It's good to trade Bitcoin especially if you are a beginner, but I do agree that massive gains may never be seen again with Bitcoin when compared to what to what you can get from altcoins.

But trading is very risky and you can lose money instead of gaining especially if you don't have a strategy yet that is profitable. If you don't have a lot of capital to begin with too, the gains from each trade can seen small, such as 5 or 10% per swing for bitcoin. In the long run, especially if you plan to still hold or trade Bitcoin for years, it might be good to just hold some of it.

Either way, I think it will help if you both hold and trade. You can accumulate more bitcoin this way while still making short term profits.

Suba

Staff member
Although I do both, but I prefer trading, this doesn't mean I have to trade every day. For trading that prioritizes when the body and mind are fresh, it's not much of a personal problem, because I prioritize quality over quantity of trades.

Bisolami

Verified member
If you ask any investor who has been into cryptocurrency for long, has a lot of capital and knows the ins and outs of the market, they would always advise that either Bitcoin or Ethereum form a major part of your portfolio.

Now, it's important to know if what you want to do is to trade or hodl that Bitcoin and even accumulate more to hold for years. This is because each strategy requires different approach to be effective.

Generally, it's advised to buy low, sell high and repeat the process, or to use dollar cost average to accumulate if you want to be a holder.

Each strategy also has its advantages and disadvantages. Without the right skills, you can lose serious money while trading especially if you use leverage. However, you can make food money here which can be used to accumulate more of Bitcoin.

With holding, you have to keep in mind the uncertainty surrounding Bitcoin, and how future events might affect it.

I prefer to trade bitcoin than to hold bitcoin. It is because we never can tell what the price of Bitcoin will be in the nearest future so it is better to trade than to HODL. when you HODL, you will surely be making some profits and you can even make double of your money with time and I think that is just better than leaving the coin in your wallet and waiting for it to rise or double which is not likely for it to happen very soon.

I am a spot trader so I prefer to trade the Bitcoin than to HODL it.

laichienduowcroi

I would choose to trade Bitcoin because I believe in my ability to analyze the market and make profitable trades. By actively trading, I can take advantage of short-term price movements and potentially generate higher returns compared to simply holding.

quant8ranhhs

I would choose to hodl Bitcoin because I believe it is a solid store of value and has the potential to appreciate significantly in the future. By holding onto it, I can participate in the overall growth of the cryptocurrency market without the stress and complexities of active trading.

vkldau2n8f

I'm not sure whether to trade or hodl Bitcoin. Both strategies have their pros and cons, and I'm uncertain about my ability to make profitable trades or accurately predict the long-term performance of Bitcoin. I would appreciate more information and guidance to make an informed decision.

okchoitia82

I prefer to hodl Bitcoin because I believe in its long-term potential and the principles of decentralization and financial sovereignty it represents. I'm willing to withstand market volatility and hold onto my Bitcoin for years, trusting that it will increase in value over time.

colenahia29j

Thank you for sharing this insight into Bitcoin investment strategies. It's helpful to understand the perspectives of experienced investors. I will carefully consider my options and evaluate my risk tolerance and goals before deciding whether to trade or hold Bitcoin."

BashirJasper

I do both!! Why? Because there are some exchanges that gives you the extra incentive of staking to generate decent passive income so I trade when the market is favourable and stake when it goes sideways thanks to copy-trading and fixed staking on Bitgetglobal - my favourite exchange

sharonc

Well, yes, I hold Bitcoin since 2017 and I profited a lot. I believe it will grow despite other alt coins

MichelleAnt

Totally agree with this one!
I buy when the market is bearish and sell when it's bullish but always hold a small amount of btc

BashirJasper

Totally agree with this one!
I buy when the market is bearish and sell when it's bullish but always hold a small amount of btc
Nice one there. That's the general rule with spot-trading though. Well, for day traders like me, I just have to explore other options that includes alts flexible staking, copy-trading of elite traders and even futures sometime(especially when the price action is unidirectional)

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
In my opinion ~
BTC trading is suitable for everyone regardless whale/retailers. But if I'm talking about hodling,then BTC is suitable for whales/institutional traders😑.

BashirJasper

It's time to begin another round of BTC if you have not being doing before and with the market in bear, it's also wise to go future and short because there is evidence September is gonna be red too