Do you think location plays a major role in a business??

Unique23

I know location plays a major role determining how successful a business can be. But that doesn't mean that all business initiative becomes successful when started in a developed settlement. Sometimes it depends on one's business plan, vision and strategy etc. It's a no brainer, that's the common facts. The way we plan our business determines how successful it will, but location helps us too, to determine how fast we can make sales. Those in the rural areas sell on low rate compare to those that manages businesses in the urban areas. But i didn't say the urban is the best for all business start up. Their are businesses that suit well in the rural areas too. It depends on what we hold in our mind to start that determines the location we ought to choose.

Do you think location can affect the progress of any business initiative??
It is up to you that how can you deal with your business. It is also depends on types of business which you want to run . Moreover that location affects on the progress of business.

greatguy1

I know location plays a major role determining how successful a business can be. But that doesn't mean that all business initiative becomes successful when started in a developed settlement. Sometimes it depends on one's business plan, vision and strategy etc. It's a no brainer, that's the common facts. The way we plan our business determines how successful it will, but location helps us too, to determine how fast we can make sales. Those in the rural areas sell on low rate compare to those that manages businesses in the urban areas. But i didn't say the urban is the best for all business start up. Their are businesses that suit well in the rural areas too. It depends on what we hold in our mind to start that determines the location we ought to choose.

Location is dependent on the sector one is operating. A manufacturing company location is different from a textile company's location. Siting of any business should depend on its nearness to market, accessibility to customers and security are some factors to be considered when locating businesses.

IamDozzy

Yes, location is a key factor in business growth. Let me use a cement producing company to explain this. If you site your cement factory in a place that is too far from the raw materials needed for cement production, you would spend a lot transporting your raw materials to your factory which would result an increase in cost of production which would further increase the cost of your cement product and you won't be able to compete favourably in the market.

Khezo

Yes location create or is a major factor in business if you have a bad location your business will not go as they should because your location will hinder customer from getting to you you have to make sure that your location is ok a place where you see good customers quality customer and a lot of customers is where we should build your business

D

Deleted member 28873

Do you think location can affect the progress of any business initiative?? Yeah I think its could affects if your business is locally based, with the advancement in technology now, most businesses have been taken online. Most people do manage there business but on physical ground and on an online store.like you said earlier depending on your business plan, vision and strategy. I have seen business owners operating there business from the comfort of there home but the connection must have already been made.She is an hair stylist so her customers do come over to her side to braid there hair, her customers have trusted her and know she is good.

Queentener

It sure does, I will use my self and a friend of mine as an example, although we are in the same country but different locations and we both sell hand made drinks like zobo and tiger but drink, I must tell you that we use the same ingredients and buy for same price, sometimes I even pay more, but because of the location she sells for a great price and make great profit while I on the other hand sell for a very low price although I make profit but it's way below that of my friend. So location plays a huge royal in a business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah i think location plays a major role in business because when you pick the right location for your business and a location that is less competitive for your business i think it would flourish than picking a very bad location for your business i think , so consider the suitable location i think

Teatea

Location of a business plays an important role in its success. You can't situate your business where it is inaccessible or inconvenient for your target market. A timber company can not open business in the centre of the city, while a fashion designer can not rent a shop space in a forest. A toy shop can not open in a very rural area where the parents do not know the usefulness of toys. There are many other examples to show that location matters in a business.

Segat

Yes location plays a major roles in business as it determined the following; the type of customers which can increase the profit, the quality and quantity of products and services. It is the location that determine the allocation and this is also applicable to business.

Olajidey

Before siting of business you have to determine the location where it will be sited we have a business that is sited in a rural area and we have some that it must be sited in an urban region. taking eatery or restaurant as an example if sited in a rural area the patronage you will be will be very low unlike if you site it in an urban region.

Highflyer

Yes location plays a major role in business and should even be one of the major factors to consider before starting any business at all. There are so many instances of businesses closing down due to low patronage in the areas they are located. Take for example those selling lab coats in school, they need to display their lab coats around the science departments because they can only make good sales there, selling in art or social sciences departments will give them low patronage because students there don't do science practicals.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Location of a business plays an important role in its success. You can't situate your business where it is inaccessible or inconvenient for your target market. A timber company can not open business in the centre of the city, while a fashion designer can not rent a shop space in a forest. A toy shop can not open in a very rural area where the parents do not know the usefulness of toys. There are many other examples to show that location matters in a business.
True actually if the person really want to grow his or her sales its better he or she move the business to a very comfortable place to avoid making more loss i think because as it stands many business have fall due to wrong plans and others , so basically its best to consider all these

eojo2401

There are some questions that the Enterpreneurer needs to asked himself or herself before establishing a business ventures. He needs to ask himself or herself what to produce? How to produce? And where to produce? The answer to where to produce should focus on the right location for the business. For example, you can't site a piggery farm in the core northern side of Nigeria and expect the business to flourish.

Syldan

Very well. Location plays a huge role in attracting and retaining the best employees, many of whom keep a close eye on where they're based in order to optimize work life balance. Good location decisions can significantly boost a company's long-term performance. Poor ones can cost millions in lost talent, productivity and capital.

Psalmseen

Definitely! Location plays a major role in business. One of the factors to be considered before establishing a business is the location. Because the environment where your business is, will tell if the business will succeed or fail. If you are selling newspaper and your location is in the rural area. It will tell on the business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Anybody who wants to start any business must make sure he considers the location first. And not only that he needs to make sure he finds out his target market. This will enhance the market selling and determines the profit. A business man that set up a television store in a blind people community will surely fail.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When talking about any business nowadays that is making waves, we will actually know most of them are through social media. Social media is one of the best way of boosting any business in the world. This is the 21's centuries where even the slightest mistake post on social media can go viral within a minutes. Therefore social is the best way to increase sales
But I'm not taking about promoting business or products via social media. I'm talking about how location of a business can play a major role towards the business success or hinder the business from making enough sales. Even if you advertise a business that is at unfavourable location, it won't still mean anything cos sales can't come by.

sincerem

VIP Contributor

Asad Ali

In business times, location plays an important role. Your company's location will decide the location of your corporation. In the field of enterprise, the type of business you want to start depends on the type of business whether it is a manufacturing company it does not matter where, but what is needed are marketing and competitiveness of quality. The place is really critical if it's like shopping complex.

Godsplan

Location is a factor you should never look down upon before starting any business adventure. Always note that the taste of people from different locations can never be the same and this means you should always check the location before considering any business plan. When a business is set up without considering location, it fails in most cases.