Do You Think Selling Recharge Is Still A Viable Way To Make Money?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Growing up in Nigeria, most of us are conversant with selling recharge cards, an umbrella, a chair, a cross bag and some of couple of thousands to purchase your recharge card is all you need to start this business, profit was 10 naira per card if you buy from a wholesaler.

But nowadays things have changed l. You rarely see people doing this kind of business at least from where I live. Most people selling recharge cards nowadays merge it with other businesses like a provision store, POS point, phone accessories shop or any kind of miscellaneous shop, it's a bit hard to see stands mainly for selling recharge cards.

Well, this is not really surprising per say, if we look at how we advanced in the technical aspect collectively as a society, many people, I inclusive, prefer to buy recharge card from my bank, it is easier and I can do this anytime I feel like, even 3am in the morning lol.

The question is, is this old but mighty business still viable to get into, will it be profitable in the long run or one is better off seeking another business that is more profitable and scalable?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This particular business really took the air space when it first came to limelight, everyone saw it as one of the most lucrative business, infact i could safely say almost one person in every family sold rechargeable cards. The business was so attractive that everyone saw a hope in the business.

I had a sister who ventured into it in the early years of the business and she did for a while and left off. I only started picking interest when I first heard about the printing of cards itself and selling bulks. After a thorough research I realise it is not as lucrative as it used to be hence I changed my mind.

Immilash

That true. Selling recharge cards is once a lucrative business but not anymore, you hardly see a shop that only sells recharge cards they normally combine it with another business as you said earlier.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In Nigeria today, I know that getting recharge card and data have been made easy by the network providers and the banks we use but still yet you can make income from it if you have good business strategy to boost up the opportunity to attract more customers to patronize you. For example, when you reduce the price of data to be lower than the regular amount it is being sold for. This is what people likes the most so it will definitely call their attention. I still have a guy on my contact list that helps me recharge my data and I pay him for the services because it is cheaper.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Lolz this is one of the business I did sometimes ago , i think this was around between 2016 and 2018 then but the business was really profitable at first but at time goes on the business was not really profitable anymore because things were very much difficult that you may sell them but at the end of the day you won't even be able to make up to 50 naira profit which to me I just consider it as a waste of time.

Well it can actually be profitable most especially if the location you are setting up the business is highly populated but though I set it up in a highly populated environment but it was not really profitable to a point of you earning constantly to survive in it. The business must be done together with another thing such as POS or something related to that but depending on the business alone may not likely be the best because the profit percentage is extremely low .

If there is a way you can produce the card yourself and sell it I believe that will be very much profitable but I don't really know how it work and also your location.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Selling just recharge card might not fetch you much except you are a wholesaler.

Now follow me:
There are a few ways to make money selling recharge cards and data online. One way is to become a reseller for a company that provides these services, such as a telecommunications company or a website that specializes in selling recharge cards and data. This would involve buying recharge cards and data at a discounted rate from the company, and then reselling them to customers at a higher price.

Imagine buying 1gb worth of MTN data at the rate of N230 and selling at N300 or more, you can also purchase MTN 3gb at the rate of N690 and sell at N 900. That's a profit of N210. Now Imagine just having 20 loyal clients on your contact list. An individual in Nigeria uses not less than 9gb in a month. Let's assume these 20 clients purchase that amount or more within a month. Brothers and sisters! Do the math…Data selling business is not for the poor, you will be shocked you would be making not less than N20 000 in a month aside from your main job. All you need is to register through the ( shorturl.at/dkqy7 ) link above, fund your wallet with as low as N500 and start making money without stress.

Another way is to create an e-commerce website and sell recharge cards and data directly to customers. This would involve setting up payment processing, creating a catalog of products, and marketing the site to potential customers. Additionally, you can also sell on existing platforms like Amazon, Etsy, or Shopify.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
This is a very helpful post so I will like to ask:
Do you use more than 5GBs of data monthly or less?

Do you need MTN mobile data subscription or Airtel Data Subscription to keep in contact with your business clients?

It's getting harder and harder to get in touch with your customers.

Allnet mobile data services can help you stay connected wherever you go. Get Your MTN and Airtel data subscription.

REACH OUT to us TODAY to find the right and CHEAPEST plan for what you need.

You can't afford to stay disconnected, Allnet Data Services will solve this for you in a speed of light if you Reach out now.

Attachments

• Allnet.jpg
    Allnet.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 1