Crypto Do You Use USDC Coin To Store Funds?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many crypto coins out there whose value changes on daily basis. However, there are some coins whose value do not change. USDC Coin is one of the coins that caught my attention in the recent times. It is one of the stable coins worth looking into because it has a fixed value and as far as I have read, it actually operates on a decentralized blockchain. It has also caught the attention of the MasterCard company, as they have stated that they will try to "test" USDC for their payment system for people who want to opt for cryptocurrencies when it comes to paying people or getting paid. Has anyone had any experience with this coin? Is It a good choice when it comes to storing your funds or saving your life savings?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It took me sometime to know the value of those stable coins. I started regretting not making use of them when the prices of crypto started coming down. Though the major reason why I don't use them then was that it doesn't increase not decrease, then not to be called crypto coins..

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It took me sometime to know the value of those stable coins. I started regretting not making use of them when the prices of crypto started coming down. Though the major reason why I don't use them then was that it doesn't increase not decrease, then not to be called crypto coins..

It is true that they do not decrease or increase in value, but I do not think that this alone affects their status as Cryptocurrencies. I believe that they are great coins because they are probably much safer than many payment processors that are not at all regulated by any authority or any kind of governmental organization. Decentralized stable cryptocoins are probably much safer when it comes to storing funds as far as I know.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
What I understand with a stable coin like USDC is the value is dependent on a country's currency like the US dollar. For me, the concept of the stable coin is like the digital version of the money. You can use it to pay if there are stores that will accept. But with the stable coin to be classified as crypto currency I don't think that is fitting.