Does one need a degree in Mass Communication to be a broadcaster?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have always admired the job of a broadcaster so much. I have a plethora of friends who are On Air Personalities. It fascinates me a whole lot. Unfortunately, though, for a person that has a degree in Agric. Is there any chance of making a switch to become a broadcaster? If in the affirmative, where does such a person have to start from?

This person has a good accent and a strong command of English. The person has small MC jobs here and there. Or is it a must that the person has to go back and study mass communication to be able to make a career as a broadcaster? In an era where anyone can work anywhere provided you have the necessary skills to function in that sector. Can an attic graduate with broadcasting skills be hired by a TV/ Radio station to work as a presenter? Opinions needed.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Studying mass communication gives you better chances of securing a job like this because you have all the necessary knowledge on broadcasting and all the rest.

But believe you me, there are many people who haven't studied anything related to mass communication and now they are TV broadcasters and moreso, it depends on the kind of TV program.

There are infact many people who studied mass communication but won't be able to deliver to the standard that someone without any degree in the same course will do.
So I think you can ask more from people who are into this Hustle and since you said you have much friends who are into it.

Ask of the requirements of the organization they work and even others that exist which they know of. Sometimes you are not employed because of your papers so it may not really matter that you're an agriculturist.

I hope my reply will be helpful to you.