Does working online makes you being your own boss.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
A lot of individuals today are looking for ways to make money online , thereby being their own boss and not have to depend on someone to fend for their material and physical needs . And these individuals are interested on online investment and jobs rather than offline investment and jobs reasons are because they believe that online investment and jobs pays better than offline investment . Additionally they see online investment has been flexible , easier , portable , trending , and accessible . And so they prefer to stay at home consuming their time , phone resources , and energy online in other to earn a living by performing online gigs like freelancing , affiliate marketing , dropshipping , apps and product review , website management and design , report an article transcribing , and finally report an article writing etc .

To be able to make it big by working online , individuals must have a focused mindset towards making money online . In addition they must be committed , poised and not being lazy or sluggish when it is time for them to make money online . In conclusion , an online job worker must diversify , he shouldn't put all his eggs (trust) in one basket (website) .

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Working on the internet is very tasking because for you can be able to make a reasonable amount of money you must have acquire proper knowledge and understanding of how a particular business line works. It also requires a lot of consistency because you cannot be able to make money on the internet if you are lazy. One of the main reasons a lot of people do not succeed in making money online is because they do not have proper knowledge and don't have the mindset of succeeding online. You must know that you need to work a lot for you to be able to achieve financial freedom through the internet. It does not really come easy because it can take some years or some months for you to be able to succeed on the particular venture. When I ventured into affiliate marketing some time ago I spent a lot of months learning particular things and that after everything I was not really able to succeed on it because I was lacking some certain things like online presence and some capitals to run ads. These are the things you must put into consideration if you really want to become your own boss through the internet.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I really do know subscribe to the idea of some individuals who think that making money online is going to make you to be your own Boss , as you would not have to be working under anybody at all .

The fact is that our world is in such a way that you cannot claim to stay without being under subjection to one person or the other .

Even for those of us who are making money from writing on websites like this one are directly under the control of the administrator and owner of the website, and that is why you have to be all the rules and regulation .

Even those who are making money through other opportunities are not completely their own bosses , because they cannot misbehave and go scot free, due to the fact that their customers would always find a better alternative and leave them stranded if they behave that way .

The only thing about making money online is due to the fact that, you have some level of freedom and there will not be specifications of when you have to do particular tasks.

It is even more strict because you won't get paid anytime you fail to do your task.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
My answer to your question is yes, since I can stay around the comfort of my house to work, change climate changes doesn't affect my job online, I feel happy and feeling like a boss xD. And again, I schedule when I want to do my tasks online, when I am feeling too dizzy, I stay off from doing plenty online gigs, so I wouldn't burn out trying to earn money, because my health matters most to me. Something you wouldn't do when you're working for an employer offline, because you won't regulate or schedule your own working time by yourself. Rather, the employer sets the time for the employee, and the employee have to adapt to such demands to stay put with the job. Not all offline gigs are worth it, some aren't income generating, but too demanding, which makes one to suffer body pains, due to excessive workload. And again, online gives you more opportunities to earn from varieties of gigs, like some users do here online, working in more than 2-5 gigs to earn more income. It is not possible with an offline gig which you're doing as a full-time worker, you won't get that time to devote in other gigs.

E

eldavis

It varies from individuals though, personally I feel it depends on what kind of online business you are doing though. If you are working on a site where there is a imitation as to how much you can earn for the day. Looking at this from at this from another angle, it's safe to say you are working under the site owner.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
As for me I will say yes; because it will give you more opportunity to become your own boss.
I also belive that any body who is ever planning to become rich through online stuff must be ready to sacrifice both time and resources.
If you the type who can not dedicate time then there is no tendency that one will able to make good money there at all.
One must also ready to spend money on data (megabit) to browse especially like those who come from third tire country like me.
Its not so easy to make good money from paid to post forum without been dedicated.

Rachael

Verified member
To some extent yes, working online makes me feel like a boss but in its technicality, I am still under a superior. The decision to work online has been a tough one for some individuals to make. One major advantage that comes with working online is the leverage to work according to your schedule but this also depends on the type of job description. There are also may online job that has a time that work must be done and failure to abide by the terms of the contract, you would forfeit the job. Most fictional sites and article writing platforms do not condone working at your schedule.

For instance fictional apps like; Goodnovel, Lightreader, Novelcat, Fictium all have schedule and as a writer, you must be active by publishing the continuity of a story for at least 25days out of 30 or 30days in a month. If this is not the case, there is high chances that your account might get banned or some other punishment. Working online demands a lot of commitment, because if you relax under the shadow of working as you please, before you realize it, you will not have made any substantial amount of money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is a yes for me because working online for me makes me feel like a boss. if you look at it it is the fact. A boss resume works anytime one desires, comes in and so whatever works is available and can even stop working any time. A Boss decide how much he will pay him or herself and other self doing stuff. This is almost same with working online.You can decide to work online at a time or not. you determine how much you want to earn daily and can meet your target if you put your mind to it. You can close your working tools at any time of the day. So there's no difference here.

infact, this is why I like online tasks or earnings you would be able to make money from whenever you are. for now I'm just looking for where I can get steady tasks that would be paying higher than what is obtainable here. it will feel really good to make money as if I'm working offline and earning big.

Richee84

Working online somehow give that individual some level of independent as the person is not under the control of anybody and answer to nobody. The person might also make his or her house his or her office and resume at any time he or she desire to come online to do business. When the nature of one's business have the above character doing an online business then we can say the person is independent and he or she can be say to be the boss of his or her online business. But when you work online for someone else or the job you do is an online job an someone is paying you for the job you do online, in this kind of situation I can say you are still not full independent on your own as your still have a boss who give you the kind of task you need to do and perform before he or she can pay u for the job done by you. So base on this two scenario above one can be working online and be his or her own boss as no one give him or her job to do while the second case you you are been pay base on the order you receive.

Mika

VIP Contributor
What does being your own boss actually means? Boss is someone who can make rules impose regulations, and dictate rules and regulations. When you work online do you think you are your own boss? If you think you are your own boss when you work online, you are thinking wrong. Let me explain.

I have been working online for more than 2 years. In the last 2 years, I have reduced my standard pay rate to get job contracts, I have sold intellectual properties for peanuts, I have failed to earn decent money even when I have worked 12 hours a day and 7 days a week.

I have worked on sites that pay pennies just because I needed money badly. I have experience with working on multinational companies, yet when I started working online I am taking orders from shit people.

By working online, I have lost my freedom, I cannot deny any task as I am always sort of paying works, I wake up in the middle of the night to catch up with a client in another part of the world. And of this makes me sick. I have degraded myself by working online. This is not a good place to become your boss.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Working online does not truly make your own boss as @Mika rightly pointed out. If you work as a freelancer , you will still take orders from your clients. On trendr, we still follow the rules of Fecom, even if it's really not favorable. Tell me,does that make you your own boss? I guess the answer is the capital no. You could still be Fired by the owners of this platforms. Adding to Mika's contribution, I think you could still be your boss when working online with the blockchain technology. You will no longer have depend on this platforms to earn for the content that you have created. On NFTs, you will be your own boss by minting your content into NFT and then sell it on NFT platform like the algorand. With this, no one an fire you . My explanation was based on what I read, I haven't try it out myself. This just trying to create an independent streams of income. You will be completely independent and will not have to take orders from anyone again. The question is - how do we create an independent streams of income? That is a very big question that need answers.

Ayeshabashir

Everyone on this world wants to live independent life .They do not want to work under the pressure of boss .So ,due to this reason most of the people prefer to do online job where you are your own boss.You can work here independently according to your own wish.Also it provides you a freedom to work at any time and at any place.
Due to all these things people pay heed more attention to online investment, jobs and work etc as compared to offline work where you would have to work according to your boss demand.But from my perspective I think the one thing that is common in online and offline job is your proper time, attention and focus on your goal.Because it is true that in online work you're your own boss but it doesn't mean you can earn money without doing nothing,because no one can give even one penny by sitting idle. The advantage of online work is that you can give work here at any time whenever you will free or feel relax to work .On the other hand in offline work you have to work 8 to 9 hours whether you want or not due to your commitment.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I would like to add some more points to this discussion as pointed out by the previous commentators. The only way you can become your own boss is by building a business and employing people who will take orders from you. You can also become your own boss if you invest and earn a return on your investment. I will give you an example, based on my own experience. When I was building my first website, I did not have any writing experience, therefore, I hired a writer. The writer was an experienced writer, a professional writer, but I managed to pull down his rate by offering volume work. He was asking $15 per article but by offering to order 30 articles I was able to lower the rate to $12. You see I was a boss and I managed to make someone take my order. I also have an investment in the stock market. When I lost my job due to covid, I did not have any income for 4 months, but I was able to live comfortably, I did not have to borrow money from people because I had savings and investments, you see I was my own boss.