Earn a living as a photographer.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
A lot of my friends usually asks me if photography or being a photographer is considered profitable or lucrative . initially I will tell them that it's depends on the type of photography work the individual chooses to indulge in because photography is a broad and inexhaustibly line of profession , some individuals involved in photography by taking pictures of individuals during ceremonies like Christmas , marriage , easter's celebrations , birthday parties , and clients personal photos etc . Photography of the above category and lucrative but solely depends on the connection the photographer has . To be successful as a ceremony photographer you must be connected either by a colleague or well-meaning friend to know which area ceremonies are being carried out like entertainment Park , event centres and ceremony halls etc .

On the other hand , individuals indulge in photography where they take pictures of incredible sightseeing and nature appraising etc . This is considered as one of the most lucrative areas of photography although it is considered hard to succeed , yet this line of photography involve the person to have passion for traveling since , he or she must go from place to place to take incredible pictures that shows appraisal for the creative hands of nature etc . And after these pictures have been taken they could be sold on the internet at a reasonable amount of price .

Point to note: did you know that most smartphone wallpapers are pictures taken by photographers of the above category ?

E

eldavis

Photography can be lucrative but in the same time very competitive. I don't know about other places, but over here in my country, there are alot of photographers but not all are earning really well. Most of them even have to rent a camera whenever there is an event they need to cover. I am currently working in a small photo editing company, so on a daily basis I come across photographers and artist who bring pictures for enlargement and editing as well framing. The owner of the company I work was once a photographer and editor, he was able to grow his business to the point where be now has his editing lab, and cameras and drones he rents out to other photographers.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
First of all , I want to point out the fact that making money as a photographer is definitely a profitable and a creative way of any living or making money offline but yet they ability for a photography business to be profitable and lucrative totally depends on you being the photographer and how well you know people who actually are in need of a service of a photographer . The friend who is actually the photographer and although he had to be very successful in the business and I notice it from my own standpoint and so I took the initiative to actually ask him what are the secrets and how he was able to differentiate himself from other photographers who possibly have served here is trying to make a living out of photography but have failed .

In essence he told me that being a photographer is all about taking pictures but how about admiring nature and it may clear to me that photographers that deal on the editing and speculation on the Field of nature are considered to be way more Richer and wealthier does that only based on the taking photos of human related pictures .