Effect of red palm oil in our health

Empress

Verified member
Benefits of red palm oil
1. It helps to improve our brain health because it contains vitamin E which helps to stop the progression of Alzheimer's or dementia disease
2. It also helps to support our eye health
It contains vitamin which improve the vitamin A in our body that helps to reduce the risk of eye problem Because vitamin A is very important for our eyes
There also disadvantage of palm oil
1. It contains high cholesterol which can lead to heart problem
2. It can also reduce the risk of having some certain diseases compared to other vegetable oil that contain healthy fat but as long as we are not consuming too much of it I don't think it can have any side effects

Barin

Wow thanks I do think groundnut oil has the most cholesterol I didn't Know palm oil has cholesterol as well that is why I do use palm oil to cook my stew but I will try and reduce quantity intake from now on because of the side effect stated here

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Benefits of red palm oil
1. It helps to improve our brain health because it contains vitamin E which helps to stop the progression of Alzheimer's or dementia disease
2. It also helps to support our eye health
It contains vitamin which improve the vitamin A in our body that helps to reduce the risk of eye problem Because vitamin A is very important for our eyes
There also disadvantage of palm oil
1. It contains high cholesterol which can lead to heart problem
2. It can also reduce the risk of having some certain diseases compared to other vegetable oil that contain healthy fat but as long as we are not consuming too much of it I don't think it can have any side effects
Nice one, we take red palm oil but we do not take so much because of the high fat content, most of the time the main purpose which I use it is to sweeten the food I eat but I don't really put much interest in the nutritional value it offers to the body, my main concentration of nutrient is always on the type of food I am eating, just as you said if it is consumed in a larger amount it can be dangerous to the body because of the high fat content but if we take in a moderate manner I think it is one of the best ingredients ..

Aqruub

Wow I never knew palm oil also has a side effect I thought it is only groundnut oil anyways thanks for the information