Engaging in sports

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our village the seniors are visible before the covid came to town. Most are engaged in the morning exercise around the village clubhouse and park. In the covered basketball court I had seen some pensioners handling the training of the kids. They said that it is a basketball clinic for free.

There are many sports where a retired person can take part - a tennis coach or trainer or volleyball coach and some other sports. Even the chess tournament in our village would entail the services of a coach or trainer who knows chess very well. I am mentioning this participation of seniors in sports for the benefit of the retiree with no occupation. Instead of getting bored at home you can engage in sports somehow.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right the elderly needs to still keep fit at all times despite their age or whatever they are doing at the moment. Going out there to even stretch the muscle is a very good help to the body it will keep the body flexible and agile and take away early onset of any issue whatever.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Exercises are good but it's not only for older people or retirees....Also younger people participates in sport too. In my area we organize soccer competition where people can form their teams and we play soccer together.

It's fun though because you get to be happy when we play together and this strengthen the bond amongst us. And at the same time you get to be fit, in as much as you engage.