Ever lose a money making opportunity because of where you live?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
When I started out on Fiverr, as I stated in one of my threads, it wasn't easy because of how competitive these freelancing platforms are.

During that time I got a message from a client wanting one of my services, so I told him to go ahead and order the gig which I'd deliver.

But he said no, he's having trust issues, that I might not deliver the job or something, because he had experience with some freelancers from my country that played the smart card on him, I tried all I could to persuade him but it all fell on deaf ears.

Sadly, I had to let him go.

Then, I stumbled on survey sites, I was very excited at least I'll get to make some money.

I registered on prolific and I was told to keep refreshing the homepage that they'll update it with surveys, I did that for some days without any headway, then I received their email, saying 'they're sorry they don't have surveys available for my country'.

I registered on OhMyDosh too, I made close to £10 but when I wanted to withdraw they said they don't provide services to my country.

It's really crazy and sad to be marginalized just because of your geographical location.

Share your own experience too, let's hear your own story.

Welcome to the zone lol....This is not the first time such issues have been happening. It has been happening for a very long time especially to those in some particular African countries. Most foreign sites have blacklisted some African countries that they can't even be part of most earning sites, they believe all these countries are scam base on their experiences with them but it's so sad that they have to be so judgemental. May God help us!

It's really baffling @Sherman198 , everything is just rigged against us, I don't what know they take us for.

But on the other hand, if you put yourself in their shoes, it's really devastating, most of us from third world countries tend to act like we are smarter, I dunno why.

I can remember back then when Prolific was new, they allowed everyone in, but some people that I know started opening new accounts and referring themselves and also taking surveys, In no time Prolific suspended our country.

I think to really curb this we need to change our greedy mentality and act normal also online, for the sake of upholding our country's reputation .