Fake discounts that fool customers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This fake discount coupon is still being used by a big supermarket chain here. For every purchase in the supermarket worth 3,000 pesos ($60) you get 1 coupon for gasoline (only in their gas station beside the supermarket) at 10 pesos discount per liter. The price of regular gas that I use is 58 pesos per liter in their station. We have availed of that discount for a long time until someone advised us to check the gas prices in other stations. The regular gas is 47 pesos in any gas station in Metro Manila.

It is clear that the gas coupon of that supermarket is fake. I have complained to their Facebook account and to their officer but I did not get a response. This is food for thought that you have to check the prices of discount coupons before using it.

This is actually a very fraudulent activity by the gas station and it is one that is going to actually make a lot of their customers to leave them if they discover that this is what they have been doing. It is actually not fair to create an impression that you are running a promo to your customers while in the actual sense you are actually scamming them.