Farming ideas you can try out

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
So perhaps you have finally decided to invest into farming which is absolutely a good idea but you are confused about the kind of one to go into then this article is for you. You should know that farming are split into many branches and most of it are sub to some units... In this article I want to list some kind of farming you can go into that are not stressful or perhaps that are less stressful..

Bee Farming: okay, in case you don't know there is a great need for pure unadulterated honey all over the world. Bee pollen and royal jelly are considered superfoods and are sold at a high price. You only need a small area in your backyard but you still have to check with your local government unit first to see if they allow beekeeping in your area.

Fish farming: Fish farming is an ideal business idea for investors with available land, and it doesn’t always require a body of water. You can start a fish farm either by creating fish ponds or investing in fish tanks; it’s a highly scalable business idea. Once you have the proper knowledge of fish raising, you will be able to decide the type of fish to raise. Fish such as tilapia, cod, and catfish are very popular choices, because they are quite easy to raise and are generally in high demand.

Herbs gardening: This might feel crazy but do you know you can make tons of money from Moringa tree/leaf alone, like it sounds crazy right but yes you can. People are now more conscious of what they put in their food and appreciate how these plants contribute to a better dining experience. When starting your own herb garden, make sure to emphasize variety and choose the ones that are in demand so they’re easy to sell. You can start an herb business with small roadside sales from your backyard, selling herbs that you cut, the plants, seeds, or all three. You can also sell the plants and seeds online.

Cannabis farming: unfortunately Nigeria government has not legalize the use or sales or farming of cannabis within her country but if you are outside Nigeria and your host country has legalize the use of cannabis then this business is for you... It's almost the same as herbs gardening though but I decided to put it aside for some good reasons. you can produce better quality plants in a controlled environment, the easiest way to start is growing them outdoors. You can have a little garden in your veranda to start your farm but having a large backyard is an advantage; It helps keep your investment low, while giving you a flexible space with which to work.

Poultry farming: Poultry farming allows you to supply poultry products to other businesses. As there is consistent demand for poultry products, it remains an attractive investment option for potential farm owners. Learn as much about the business as possible including finding the right location and getting ready with all the requirements to get started.

Be free to add yours to the list.

Jonaville

Nice ideas! The ones that are very popular in my country are fish farming, poultry and cannabis. I think out of the three, I will go for fish farming if I have the opportunity. It has a lot of benefits because a greater percentage of people prefer fish(catfish specifically) to meat or other animal foods. One can also have it as a side business, which means you can still manage a major job while engaging in fish farming. I will surely venture into it one day.
I'm not saying the others aren't great too. I know people who have made it big from poultry, not sure about cannabis though.

IamDozzy

Another farming idea you could try out is pig farming. This is because the gestation period for pigs is very short compared to other farm animals and pigs give birth to more than 1 piglet. Once our are able to get quality feed for the pigs then you are im for some cool cash because your pigs would easily get fattened resulting in the pork that would be gotten from the big being soft. The only downside to the pig farming business is that you would have to spend money for the construction of a building they'd stay in and also spend money to engage the services of a veterinary doctor in the even of a disease outbreak.

Maks25

Agriculture is the largest industry in the world and employs the majority of the workers. Apart from the low-cost of start up and running the business, agricultural businesses turn out a huge profit of up to 100%. With the increase in unemployment, young people are now embracing agriculture which was erstwhile considered a dirty business reserved only for the poor.

"To most people, this is just dirt. To a farmer, it is potential.”~ Unknown

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Another ideal you can also try is snail farming.
Snail farming is a good farming which do not require much finance.
What you just need to get is a cool place that is wet all the time.
Make sure you feed them with grasses like pawpaw leaves Cassava leaves sweet potatoes leave etc. And snail use to lay plenty eggs and people use to demand for it very well which nje it profitable.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like the herb garden because it is one of my dream project. The only issue is that I have no land for now but maybe in the near future when I can purchase a big land in the rural area I will pursue the herb garden. There are so many food supplements made from herb and for sure there will be buyers of my herb when I have a farm. I also have a plan for 1 herb to be made into a supplement against kidney stones. But maybe that will be realized when I have the land and everything will be in order for the farm and the business.

MarieArie

The issue for most people in my country, Nigeria, who want to start an agricultural enterprise is that they don't know where to start and they give up without trying. Many are also wary of the danger that Nigeria's farming sector will carry with it. The lucrative agricultural business ideas in my country are: vegetable farming, beans farming, maize farming, cassava farming, chicken farming, bee farming, cucumber farming, snail farming and lots more.

Gamboakas

We have alot of farming that someone can try and it is very affordable to start we have poultry farm, fish farm and cattle farm all this someone can start up with the little he have at hand especially the poutry farm, aside from the above also a vegetable garden is very important and you can make profit from it.

Amthe

They is a lot of farming ideas out there but only when you have the capital to invest in the farming some of them require just a little bit amount of capital which includes farming like
.cucumber farming
.broilers rearing such as chickens and selling of their eggs
.pig rearing
.cattle and fish rearing.

D

Deleted member 28873

Agriculture is very wide it has lots of area you could invest in and there by gaining lots of profits.while i was young i do consider agriculture to just involve farming(cultivation of crops), little do I know then that it aspects are wide.nice ideas really love your ideas,poultry farming and fish farming are my best from the ideas you drop. We should not also neglect pig farming considering there rate at which they reproduce it actually profitable.

Georgeadawara

In terms of agriculture they are different types of business that you can start with low amount of money. Framing is one of the best rice farming, maize farming, fish framing some of this are most profitable business in my country.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Beekeeping poses a great risk of bee bites, it can be started at a small level, even a small orchard will run for the herb, but the customer should find it first. Fish farming and poultry are not fit for vegetarians. The production of cannabis is fine to some extent because it is used in medicines, but it requires a license.