Free Blogging Platforms and Website Builders

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to build a blog, a website, or ecommerce site, you have unlimited options. For example, you can use free blogging tools and website builders, use content management systems, or build a website from scratch.

Free blogging platforms and website builders

There are numerous free blogging platforms and website builders that you can use to build the kind of website you want for yourself.

Blogspot: This is a free blog from Google. All you need is gmail to create a blog spot. The best thing about using blogspot is you can use adsense ads, as well as amazon ads and Infolinks ads.

Wordpress: Wordpress content management is free but you need a domain and hosting. Wordpress blogging platform has a free version as well as a premium version. You can only use amazon ads but do not use excessive advertising, they can delete your blog.
Weebly: Free version of weebly has limited functionality, yet it can be a powerful medium to build a blog without spending a dime. You can add amazon ads, also sell ad space on your Weebly blog.

Wix, simplesite, squarespace are few other free blogging and website builders that you can use to build a website or blog, however, the problem with these platforms is it will be difficult to monetize your sites (except blogspot, of course)

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Only Google blogspot site builder can be possible to monetize the blog or websites with. But the subdomain name that will bear blogspot.com isn't what I like. I prefer paid hosting and domain name, and not using a sub-blog name of the CMC builder name for my blog, which can be found using blogspot, WordPress or wix etc. But it is not bad starting with any of them especially blogspot when the funds isn't there for hosting and domain fees. I've seen numerous bloggers that kicked off their blogging career using either WordPress and blogspot free website services, and today they are making it financially too.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not have any experience with website builders. MY website is powered with wordpress content management system. I think wordpress is far better than website builders because when you have a wordpress site, your website running cost will be comparatively low and you also control your website fully. There are many website builders available for free to use as well as premium versions. These website builders are absolutely very easy to use not only for blogs and personal websites, but also company websites and e-commerce. If you compare these website builders, which one do you think is the most beneficial for e-commerce options?

Finger Geek

Verified member
It is really not easy to monetize free blogging platform. Because they don't usually have many features or should I say plugins, unlike WordPress that has many plugins.
WordPress is also free to use but to use WordPress, a paid domain name and paid hosting package is needed. Apart from WordPress, blogspot is another free blogging platform that is better and can be monetized with because it can be linked with a domain name and it has good free and paid themes that can make the blog looks professional.
I have few blogspot websites with blogspot sub domain in which I earn few cents. And also it is easy to get verified with Google AdSense using blogspot.