Giving special discount secretly is one good way to connect to the customer

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is a vegetable store in the market that has a cute way of connecting to their clients. The style of selling is you put the vegetables you chose in a basket and bring it to the attendant who will put a price on each item. When the total is read in the phone (they use that as the calculator) the attendant will whisper the discount. An example is the bill amounts to 235 and you will hear the whisper that you are being charged for 230 only. That is a very small amount but with the manner that it was announced you would feel that it was a secret. At first I didn't mind but on the next time that I was given a discount I already appreciated it because of the manner that the attendant is like giving me a preference or showing the favoritism.

Those small acts can really help the business. Another style is when the sales attendant calls me by my name. That makes a big difference because even if I am a new customer I would instantly feel at home when someone would call me Uncle Alex. That kind of sales person is an asset to the business.

bracknelson

Customers are attracted to it. Discounts, as previously said, are incredibly appealing to customers and can bring in both new and returning customers. Discounting products and services, especially those that are in high demand, is a good approach to attract attention.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes giving out a discount is one of the best way that can I really help a business and can also shows a customers that the business organisation really cares about them because people naturally will always be interested in things like this..
This alone can actually attract more buyers into the business organisation but sometimes a struggling business may not be at the position of giving out discount to thousands of people because probably they are struggling to survive.

This is the responsibilities of business organisation that are generally stable and do not have any problem but most upcoming business might finds this challenging because it is not really easy to give us discounts to thousands of people that are interested in a type of products in our business

If people are not able to attract people in this way , a business man or woman can engage in serious digital advertisement to attract a large number of people since this is not the only way of attracting buyers into your business organisation.
If I have a business organisation the most important thing will be interested will always be the quality of my services then advertisement will also be among my top priority.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no customer that doesn't like being treated like a king. We all love it when our attention is felt and we do like it when we are helped from our burden especially financially. Giving discount always make us feel being helped even when we are not actually being helped.

A business owner should however be careful while giving out discount to prevent running into losses. In fact, it is not that advisable to s new business owner. There are many other ways of inviting customers to buy from us other than giving out discount.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Discount is always enticing to all customers, it feels nice to buy a product or pay for goods and get a discount offer for it. It doesn't matter to me if it is done secretly or not, what matters to me is the discount on the product. In order to attract more customers to your business is simply when you attach some kind of discount to your products. Without such, customers might feel disgruntled at some point and seek elsewhere just to compare the prices of your products to others, if their will be difference. If they witness some sort of difference in the price, and yours is higher than another business owner's products, such shift the customer away from your business. I understand that, a business owner wouldn't sell lower than the product cost, even if I am the one selling the products I wouldn't sell below cost price, because I need profit as well and not selling at loss. So, no matter the discount in some of my products, I'll simply seek gain as well, but the gain or profit I'm seeking wouldn't be made obvious that I needed more of the profits. Because I'll watch other competitors price to keep it same, but offer little discount when need be just to keep customers happy.

Suba

Staff member
I agree with you, because I also often experience similar discounts when shopping in small shops (Not in supermarkets) I get discounts, although most of them are just rounding off, so that the payment does not need to be returned, and we can pay with exact money, feel familiarity between seller and buyer, if they know and call our name.