Earn Money Have you thought of having your own PTP forum?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
An online friend has plans of having his own PTP forum for the benefit of freelancers like him. It is a noble idea that I hastily agreed. But when we came to the details the first hurdle is the website. Question like how much is the hosting and the domain name cannot be answered immediately. There’s also the website design which is not easy and quite expensive if you will hire a designer.

On the other end of the equation is the revenue that could be earned from different ads providers like Infolink, Adsense and many others. There’s also the problem of administration who will oversee the operation aside from the mod to check on the posts. Even the payment is not an easy task to handle unless you have the experience. Now we understand why PTP sites are dwindling.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its not easy to run and maintain a PTP site for long period. But with experience you can run it and sustain it for long. When you go first with higher payment to attract posters, in order to gain enough traffic, with time you can slash the earnings to enable you operate for years. If you don't do it like that, you might run down out of money to keep it going.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is really not easy to start and run a PTP site. So many things are needed in place for it to be successful. First just having a website requires you to pay some money. Then when the site is up and running, you will have to first pay users from your pocket because the site will not start earning right away. So this requires so much expertise and a good amount of money.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is really not easy to start and run a PTP site. So many things are needed in place for it to be successful. First just having a website requires you to pay some money. Then when the site is up and running, you will have to first pay users from your pocket because the site will not start earning right away. So this requires so much expertise and a good amount of money.
I believe with your experience @Abigael around paid to post sites. I believe you can start up one and run smoothly for years if you have the necessary funds for it. I believe you can, can't you?? I understand running a paid to post site requires money, and the Admin will spend first before seeing the site generating him or her revenue at the later stage.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Its not easy to run and maintain a PTP site for long period. But with experience you can run it and sustain it for long. When you go first with higher payment to attract posters, in order to gain enough traffic, with time you can slash the earnings to enable you operate for years. If you don't do it like that, you might run down out of money to keep it going.
You are right. It is not easy to run paid to forum website. I salute owners of paid to forum websites like this forum Trendri. To balance what they earn and what the members earn, they reduced the pays which is OK as long as they continue paying. To start a ptp website, the owner will need capital to start in other to pay it's members.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You are right. It is not easy to run paid to forum website. I salute owners of paid to forum websites like this forum Trendri. To balance what they earn and what the members earn, they reduced the pays which is OK as long as they continue paying. To start a ptp website, the owner will need capital to start in other to pay it's members.
Yes, its never easy to run a paid to post site, it requires expertise and one with capital. Of you don't have capital at the starting to pay members from your own pocket, their is no how you'll run it. Cos it doesn't start earning you money right away, you'll gain traffic, with high traffic you can attract sponsors and earn better reward.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Is not easy to maintain a paid to click site, although setting it up might be easier but maintaining it for a long time is the real deal, because of time and so many responsibilities I do not consider having it for now, although I enjoy posting and commenting on paid to post site

Joy101

It is not really that easy to run PTP site also to paid and maintain your forum because its really required a huge of money to run a forum, is very good to have a forum but the thing that follow it is too much, having a forum you need plan very well about it, before going into it because it require knowledge and capital.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
NO, I never imagined having PTP; I know as a moderator, this is very hard to maintain a site and keep paying people for posts; and yes I know that those people are never going to be satisfied. Surely PTP sites are dwindling, only some with good revenue support can handle it, and we should be helpful to keep them going.