How do I become a digital marketer.

I need an advise on this but in my own you need to complete your bachelors degree,learn some digital marketing skills and consider certification,boot camps and course on it .

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Digital marketing is a broad field that encompasses different aspects, and I don't think you need a bachelors degree to become a digital marketer these days especially if you're going to freelance, but for a full time role I can say a degree might boost your chances, digital marketing is in demand nowadays.

To get started I think you need certifications and there a lot of free certifications for digital marketing on Google learn, all you have to do is make some Google searches and you're good to go, you can also browse job opportunities and see the kind of skills they require and learn them.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are so many ways you can become a digital marketer and one of the most important ways you can do that is just to learn it from people that have better understanding and I believe this is just the best because you may have opportunities to ask question and seek opinion on where you don't understand, you can also decide to take a full course on Udemy on digital marketing, but I don't really know much on this if you may have an opportunity to ask question because this is always very important, definitely there will always be a place you won't understand, practice also will make you perfect

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Enrolling for marketing courses on learning websites like udemy greatly helps you to become a digital marketer. But just because you have certifications does not mean you will excel as a marketer, you need to do it yourself. You need to start building followers on your social pages so that you can attracts customers to paying contracts.

Mika

VIP Contributor
A university degree in marketing surely helps, but digital marketing is a skill that is not yet in the college curriculum (at least in my country). I have checked with almost all university courses in my country and none of them teaches how to do email marketing, how to do facebook marketing, how to promote on google search, and things like that. The university level marketing courses do mention about digital marketing but they do not offer skill based course (I am saying this based in my county, situation in your country might be different). You cna attend short term courses.