How Do I Speed Up Wordpress Websites?

AfriPeeps Official

Do you have a website but noticed that the website or blog is too slow for your liking? Are you researching on a way to make your website or blog load faster than it use to? if your answer is yes then you need to quickly read this.

You need to know the current speed details before you can start talking about speeding it up.

Google Page Speed Insight tool can be a very useful tool for you in this aspect. GTMetrix is another good tool for this purpose. Either of these sites will show what bottlenecks to loading your site are.

In addition to that, there are general ways to improve loading speed in WordPress:

• Use quality hosting, preferably specialized in WordPress
  • Run your site on HTTPS/HTTP2
  • Use the latest version of PHP on your server
  • Update WordPress core and its components regularly
  • Only use themes and plugins from reputable sources
  • Do regular database maintenance
  • Decrease server requests on your pages
  • Optimize your images so they load fast
  • Enable gzip compression
  • Use a caching plugin
  • Considering using a Content Deliver Network (CDN)

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Use a light weight theme, do not use a lot of plugins, optimize the images you use on your site, to not use a lot of ads, etc. These are my handy ways to make my wordpresss site fast. I am not using AMP or CCN yet, but I understand the importance of these plugins.

Mika

VIP Contributor
a lot of people, especially those who are new to this field may not be able to understand all of these processes. The easiest way to improve your website speed is to use a theme that is lightweight and responsive. Also, keep your website page to 3 MB and no more than 5 MB.