How do You Manage Time as a Business Owner?

Shaf

Verified member
As a business owner, be it a large or small scale business, online or offline, you automatically become responsible for managing the business and making sure everything is done on time. You also have to manage your own personal affairs in the same limited time.

Since time management is one of the issues all businesses face, here are some ways to get around it.

The first thing you should do before the beginning of each work day is have a plan of what must be done. This way, you know how to make the best use of your time, what to do and who will do it, how much time it might take and any thing that may cause the plan to derail

Next is to prioritize. The importance of this is underestimated. It's not everything you do yourself. Outsource some and supervise some things. Some things would best be postponed.

After that, you can get to work. Get all materials and staff ready so your work can go smoothly.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Time management for an entrepreneur is a symposium discussion. It is amazing how a simple concept like time management can make or mar your business. You rightly said that business people should make plans with their time. It is very important. It starts by recognizing what you need to do and then prioritizing it on a scale of preference.

If you can multitask, it is indeed a huge advantage in your quest for time management. This is the part that makes me feel that being an entrepreneur is harder than being an employee. An entrepreneur has to manage everything to achieve efficiency.

Sometimes, you might be so occupied with business work that you don't even have time to take care of your personal needs. To manage time, I always seek to complete the harder tasks first before I have to do the simpler tasks which would not take a lot of time.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
You have to record every activity start and end and what was expected to be done in less time or in more time. Sometimes you do activity in less time but the work is very bad and low quality so customer is not satisfied with the service means lose of client. Sometimes you finish perfect work but client or customer cancels contract as there is deadline to provide the work. So no more requests for work. Between this and this calculations are essential.