How Do You See Tilapia Farming?

Sikapa

Verified member
Tilapia is a fish that can lives in freshwater and is a name from the cichlid family. According to research, it is the fourth consuming seafoods in the United States because it smells less fishy. Tilapia lives in streams, rivers, ponds and lakes.
Tilapia has a highly nutrition as wall as fats.

In my country, tilapia is one of the most popular seafood that the executives like most. I don't even know if is also part of the latest fashion or something. It is almost sold in every restaurant, bars and at any food joint. The consuming of tilapia is so high in my country that a lot of fish farmers have shift in this tilapia farming business while a lot of fishmongers ate also making money out of this business from sell it fresh, roasting it, and even from the dried tilapia.

This has made tilapia to be one of the lucrative business in my country. People will just go to the market and be asking for tilapia all because if popular fish on the market.

How To Make Money Out Of Tilapia.

There are two ways you can make money out of tilapia and these are:
1. To be a tilapia farmer.
2. To sell tilapia.
These are the two ways that one can make money out of tilapia business.

How Do You seeI Tilapia Farming? Well
In the future, I hope that tilapia farms will be safer for the fish and better for the environment. Because currently, most tilapia are raised in cages that are underwater. These cages are overcrowded and can hold hundreds of thousands of fish. The waste from these fish pollutes the surrounding water, which can lead to algae growth, a lower amount of oxygen, and pollution for miles around.

I would like to see more farms that are on land. There's a farm in Kenya called Natural Aquaculture (which is also an NGO) that has developed a way to farm tilapia responsibly—and it's 100% on land. The organization raises the fish in tanks with no chemicals or hormones and then feeds them a special diet that doesn't include antibiotics or pesticides. And because the tanks aren't open to the elements, the water stays clean and healthy for longer periods of time.