D

Deleted member 13140

If you've been curious how affiliate marketers are making money you're not alone, I've seen the questions on reddit so I decided to share it here to educate anyone searching this on Google.

The affiliate is given a one-of-a-kind link (an "affiliate link") from which clicks can be traced — usually using cookies. The cookie then keeps track of the user to see if they buy anything. If they do so within the specified time frame, the affiliate will be paid a commission.

And every cookie has a length which is called a cookie life, which is how long a cookie will be tracking the user's online activity.

If a cookie has a 30-day life, for example, your referral must make a purchase within 30-days of clicking your affiliate link for you to be compensated; otherwise, the lead will be lost.

If you're interested, if you want to start affiliate marketing there are different programs for you to join, you just have to choose a niche and pick one program that suits that well..

But never fall for the gurus telling you to start with a high ticket offer, it'll never work, you have like 90% chance of not making a sale.

But you can start with a high ticket offer if you have a social media following or huge email list subs.

Emmanuel 2042

If you've been curious how affiliate marketers are making money you're not alone, I've seen the questions on reddit so I decided to share it here to educate anyone searching this on Google.

The affiliate is given a one-of-a-kind link (an "affiliate link") from which clicks can be traced — usually using cookies. The cookie then keeps track of the user to see if they buy anything. If they do so within the specified time frame, the affiliate will be paid a commission.

And every cookie has a length which is called a cookie life, which is how long a cookie will be tracking the user's online activity.

If a cookie has a 30-day life, for example, your referral must make a purchase within 30-days of clicking your affiliate link for you to be compensated; otherwise, the lead will be lost.

If you're interested, if you want to start affiliate marketing there are different programs for you to join, you just have to choose a niche and pick one program that suits that well..

But never fall for the gurus telling you to start with a high ticket offer, it'll never work, you have like 90% chance of not making a sale.

But you can start with a high ticket offer if you have a social media following or huge email list subs.
In summary, I recommend starting affiliate marketing part time from your regular Job...
@Davvis12 are you an affiliate marketer?

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor

Hi. Hope you are doing well. Your post about how affiliate marketers are paid is very interesting because today more and more people are becoming interested in affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is believed to be one of the best-earning ways. It is very profitable indeed and the best part of all is that it does not require any investment so there is no risk on your part at all. Even beginners can become affiliate marketers. Isn't that great!

Thank you for your detailed information about how affiliate marketers get paid. Many people will find your post really helpful if they are planning to work as affiliate marketers or if they are already in this kind of business.

It is important to know a few basic things in advance if you are going to become an affiliate marketer. First of all, you should have a site, a Twitter, a Facebook or an Instagram account where you will place your affiliate links. Then you need to drive traffic to your page. So you must have a ready audience, the people who will click on your links and purchase the products you will be promoting. Finally, your products must be interesting to make people buy them. In this way, you will get your commission. Hope you find these tips helpful.

Nite

Valued Contributor
If one wants to get their feet wet in affiliate marketing, there are a few options. Every company doesn't offer affiliate programs, some businesses manage their own affiliate programs, while others use an affiliate network. Visiting an affiliate platform or a marketplace is an easy way to find affiliate programs. Browse your niche to find the top performing affiliate marketplaces. There's another option too by visiting the sites of the products and services you like to see, if they have an affiliate program. Big companies often have programs they promote on their website, like the Amazon Associates or the Shopify Affiliate Program.

Or, one can directly reach out to the owner of a great product, and see if they offer an affiliate marketing program. If they don't have an affiliate program, they might be happy to set up an arrangement with you, they could offer you a special coupon to share with your followers.

Affiliate programs will be having terms of service which one needs to follow, so always read the fine print. Like you described, the link will have a cookie with a specified timeframe, and some affiliate programs will not allow to purchase pay per click ads using their company’s name.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is among one of the first online skill that I know. I alwas like affiliate marketing at the beginning and I had some little classes on how affiliate marketing really works in the past.. but as time goes on I came to understand that I didn't really have an understanding of affiliate marketing as I do now and talking from my own personality I may not really have the ability to engage in affiliate marketing because I really need to have a product and to convince people to buy this product online , because of this disadvantages I have to lose interest I'm greatly in affiliate marketing and engage another profitable online business which I am currently concentrating on which is cyptocurrency trading and how to learn it to become a successful trader.

There are different ways a person can engage in affiliate marketing but all these may require a serious advertisement before you are able to make money, I do not like spending a lot of my time advertising a particular product.. sometimes if these products do not work as you said on the internet it can bring your reputation down which make it very difficult for you to advertise and make a reasonable amount of money.