How emotions affect our trading strategy in forex

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Emotions blur your view and thinking. You tend to do what you expect because of your uncontrollable emotions. You even feel incapable of making the basic trading decisions and fail to stick to your trading plan.
Exactly. I am a new forex trader and I can confess that what you are saying is true because I have passed through it before not too long. I have to suspend my trading because I don't just want to engage on something that you will be so much influence by emotion of losing your money or the fear of the market turning against you and some other negative thoughts.

Personally the best thing I will have to do is for me to try as much as possible to trade with a demo account for sometimes and to have a deeper understanding of what the market is all about . I have been trading a demo account but I haven't really taken time to study certain things..

All these things depends on people's dedication and willingness to trade and make profit. it is not easy and it is never a get-rich-quick scheme but with time you can start making money for yourself

Fartsdump

I don’t think there is any way that you can stop your emotions from being a part of your trading since you are a full-fledged human being. Just make sure that you are sticking to your trading plan and not forgetting the unwanted trades you took in the past that led to losses.

Theanthropic

You cannot avoid dealing with emotions, if you learn how to control impulse moves, you will be able to stay longer in the market. Many newbies get overwhelmed and stressed during the process, that is because they don’t follow a plan or have enough knowledge as to what they should do. Maintaining discipline not only keeps you motivated but helps regain focus on achieving your goals.