How I started making money from my learned skill

Heartstrings

I love to learn a skill far more than any other job,I mean offline office jobs or whatsoever. Reason why I love it is not far fetched because when i grew up,I met my mum was a very business minded woman. She also has a sewing machine at home,so I developed this interest to learn how to sew,I like everything about sewing so I started learning it gradually,but an unforseen circumstances hinders me from going further with it for so many years but then I still look forward to it. When I eventually had the opportunity to learn it,I decided to try it out with my family members first,I started sewing torn clothes gradually.

Then I started seeking for other people's torn clothes within my neigbhood,while making some little cash from it,with my family approval I saved those money up,used it to learn more about sewing, different styles and how to cut materials,before I knew it I am already dip into it and a fashion designer. And that was how the main business started.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
it seems you went through all the ropes to get it right with your skills. It is always good to start small and before you know it you'll be able to use your acquired skills, knowledge and experience to start making money. Like I tell a total lot of persons no knowledge is a waste so whenever you have the opportunity to learn new skill it is always good to take advantage of such especially when it is free to acquire skills and knowledge

Knowledge acquired is the best in this modern times since there are no jobs all the ones available are through connections it is good for one to acquire some skills from there. you'll be able to be self-employed or self-reliance as soon as you have the knowledge for people to pay you and money is made. So the best thing anyone can do for his or herself now is to acquire skills.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Having a skill is one of the best things you can do for yourself because it can always guarantee you a steady source of income.

When you identify a problem people are facing in a particular place and you will be able to provide solution to it then you will actually make some good amount of money for yourself.

I am very much more interested in learning online skills like graphic designing and a whole lot of others. If you have this kind of skills you can go to freelancing platforms and offer them and make some good amount of money for yourself.

People can pay you reasonable amount of money for any gig you offer them properly. There are people who make thousands of dollars on different freelancing platforms for themselves.

You can also monetize your skill by opening a YouTube channel and teaching other people who want to learn the skill.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Nice story, I started learning to code as a teenager and I can remember vividly back then, I don't even have a laptop, I was learning with my android phone and I totally enjoyed the process, it just comes to me, I don't have to motivate myself to work on it.

Then, one guy in a group I'm in, said he needs a web developer, I messaged him and we talked, he finally gave me the gig, when I finished the gig, I used the money to buy laptop and over time, I got a lot of gigs to the extent that I don't even take gigs anymore.

So it is always about not giving in and staying consistent, overtime you'll be able to monetize your skill, I still fantasize about those days when the only thing that was interesting to me is to log in to solo learn and code.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thank you very much for sharing. It is not always easy for people to focus and concentrate in what they are interested to do and for people to concentrate and achieve what they need will require a whole lot of dedication in which some people may not have the Grace to do so..

Your own is really an encouragement to others because from your explanation people who are interested to achieve anything they need must try as much as possible to be full goals and plan out with every possible means to get what they need as long as it is not an illegal ways of earning.

This is an encouragement to other people who are about to embark on their life journey to establish their own personal business or maybe to engage in any other profitable business they have come across. They shouldn't lose focus as everything could be successful

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can make money through multiple methods, and some of the common methods include physical labor, mental labor, investing, etc. While physical labor is mostly active income, mental labor and investing can be passive income. Passive income means you make money without hard work. You can make money from your skills and knowledge, and it can be either through physical work or mental work. When you have high paying skills and knowledge, you will be able to make a lot of money, and if your skills are not much in demand or highly saturated, you might not be able to make much. There is no skill that cannot make you money, however the question is how much money you can make. I am making money from my skills and knowledge. You can gain knowledge and skills by going to college, universities, and institutes. Learning is very important to make money

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You can make money through multiple methods, and some of the common methods include physical labor, mental labor, investing, etc. While physical labor is mostly active income, mental labor and investing can be passive income. Passive income means you make money without hard work. You can make money from your skills and knowledge, and it can be either through physical work or mental work. When you have high paying skills and knowledge, you will be able to make a lot of money, and if your skills are not much in demand or highly saturated, you might not be able to make much. There is no skill that cannot make you money, however the question is how much money you can make. I am making money from my skills and knowledge. You can gain knowledge and skills by going to college, universities, and institutes. Learning is very important to make money
Probably, anyone who wants to make tangible amount of money on the internet must try as much as possible to learn because without knowledge there is no way you can be able to make money.

Even in the offline space you need a lot of lot of knowledge of whatever you're doing if you really want to succeed. There are several skills people can learn both online and offline and make tangible amount of money for themselves but it depends on what interests you most. Your interest will determine what you are going to learn and the level of work you put in place will also determine how much you're going to make from that particular venture in the future.

Sometimes people make the mistake of going into some businesses without learning proper things and proper ways of doing it and they end up losing a lot of money and going bankrupt.