How Long Does It Take To Start Making Money With Forex

moonchild

VIP Contributor
This is one of the question that had been asked for a number of times by mostly newbies who did not understand how forex works.

Forex is an individual pursue and everything depends on you, how much time you can dedicate and learn and how much time you can sacrifice to learn.

There are many resources out there that you can use to start your journey in the forex world, one of such resources is babypips.com, they have a structured learning process that will take your hand through the steps and will enable to have in depth knowledge on certain concepts in Forex.

After learning from baby pips, the next thing is to start practicing with demo account for a while, as my mentor always say, treat your demo account like a real account, what this means practically is, you should open a demo account with the same amount you intend to fund your live your account and trade.

This will give you an understanding of what it feels like when you're trading with your real account.

All of these processes are individualistic, it might take some one year while others can do it in six months, Start Today.

EKUSANI

For me I think it all depends on the person, you can actually start making money as early as possible.that is if you have passed a training from anybody someone that is very much master in what he or she is doing. so after doing demo trading for sometimes and you convince that you personally can handle a real account, I think you can start making money the first day you deposit on trading platform. forex trading is not for stingy people. For me, that is what I'm thinking base on my experience have gathered so far.it is not something that you want to get rich quick, it's a gradual process. you can start by making just $2 a day and then the next day you will also see what you can do maybe on how to make another $2 or more. Also forex trading is not something that you want to get rich at any moment in time because a friend of yours get rich from it, and you feel you can also do it. So it possible some people start at early-stage to make money while some people just stop at doing demo trading.it all depends on you.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Making profit with forex may not really be all that difficult if you have chosen to go through the normal learning process because that is definitely what will determine your profit and your success as a trader, sometimes the learning process might even take up to two or three months depending on the teacher and what you really want to understand in the forex market.

Learning about the technical analysis and also the fundamental analysis which is also an important tools needed to predict the movement of a particular currency might take up to two months to learn and understand them all.

I believe if you are able to learn and understand all this strategy it will be quite easier for you to really make money with forex and it wouldn't even take you so much time after you have passed through the normal learning .

It is only people that don't really have the time or are not interested to learn about the volatile market that are likely to lose or find difficulties when trading. Trading is what has sent a lot of people to poverty just because they haven't taken their time to really understand how it work .

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
As a matter of fact and honesty , no individual can determine how much you would spend and the time it will take you before you start making money from forex trading at all .

A factor that has to be considered in this debate is the fact that everybody is not a fast learner and so some people could take longer time to learn something that others may take a very short time to learn.

That is why you can see two individuals who may have started investing in the foreign exchange market at the same time , but they are all not on the same level when it comes to the way they are making their money and taking profits every now and then.

As a matter of fact, I believe that at least six months is required before one can even think about making money consecutively especially if you do not give up .

The problem with so many people is the fact that they believe since it is Forex trading which is an online earning opportunity, they do not need to spend so much time to make money and that mentality is what makes them to get disappointed easily and give up on time.

HeavLeighGill

Totally agree with you on everything you said. For some, profits come more quickly and everyone has a different experience. Using sites like Babypips, YouTube, etc. are the best ways for beginners to get started.

Finger Geek

Verified member
The question doesn't have a straight forward answer. Because forex trade is not a task that will be asked the time it will take to complete the task. Making money with forex trading depends on your capital and it depends on you yourself that wants to do the trade. Are you someone that knows how to trade using some strategies and make profits. Or are you someone that is just learning and not sure of the profit.

If you ask me that question that how long will it take me to start making money with forex trade. I will not answer because the question is not complete. But if I am asked that how long will it take me to earn $1000 with investment of $100. Then I will have something to say because it is a direct question. Marking money means if I earn 10 cent, I have made money because it is also money. To make a tangible amount of money with forex then a good amount of money is needed. An amount like $1000 can yield a profit of up to $100 per week. If I earn $100 a week, it is still ok because gradually it will increase to $150 per week and goes up like that if the trader is consistent with his earnings.

E

eldavis

There is no specific time frame when it comes to making money with forex trading. It's very possible to register today in forex trading and start making profit today, it is also possible to make losses the same day as well. The most important thing is to gain the needed knowledge to trade. Once you have gotten the knowledge, earning would be alot easier and faster.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
For me, it was all about 18 months; I used my demo for 15 months & I struggled almost 3 months on my live account! Then I started to use Eurotrader broker, this regulated broker provides tons of useful information’s on trading, that helps me a lot! Till now I need to use their news analysis for my fundamental based trading setup!

Reinow6

It will take you less than 12 months

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
It’s really unpredictable because it is seen in history that sometimes traders earned their profit in a day whereas some others were seen taking profit after a year. If you have a good trading strategy, patience and hard-working capability, profit will come to you. So, trade here stress freely, comprehending the market well.

LaneBall

To be honest, there is no defined fixed time that guarantees profits in the forex market. Incurring profits is completely dependent on consistency, expertise and hard-work put in by the trader along with his understanding of the market.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Individuals have different ability and capacity. Therefore it may be difficult to really ascertain a particular time for the mastery of forex. The best is to start when one is so convinced that he's at least know the rudiments involved when it comes to making money online to ensure much profit.

However, there may be many reasons that may account for the time frame of how long one needs to start making money ok forex. While most will depend on personality of the learners, some may depend on the external factors that do make up fundamental analysis.

Personal facotrs may include the platoforms that the person may be learning the rudiments from. It is arguably believed that most people that learn forex outside may be from friends and relatives or some paid websites and seminars always earn quicker than those that are learning it on YouTube and some other free media of learning. This is because not all the information you need YouTubers will tell you.

External factors will also tell on when or how fast a person may be making money on forex. Currently, the recent squabble between Ukraine and Russia has really affected almost all trades including forex. So it may be somehow tough for someone to make money right now on forex. This is the reason why we need to familiarise ourselves with the fundamental analysis that can alter forex trsduj5.

stan359

Making money in forex market solely depends on the individual. One can start making money if has mastered the market so well that he knows his entry and exit points. They are strategies that one has to understand and therefore acquire the necessary skills to navigate the market.

pawelkolasa

There is no specific time frame when it comes to making money with forex trading. It's very possible to register today in forex trading and start making profit today, it is also possible to make losses the same day as well. The most important thing is to gain the needed knowledge to trade. Once you have gotten the knowledge, earning would be alot easier and faster.
I agree! Making profits depends on the dedication and passion of the trader towards learning about forex trading. Many traders are trading from years but still are unable to make profits and some traders start making within a year.

Heiden Lang

Though there is no fixed time that you need to make money through forex trading, most traders start making some profits after a year of trading. Now it is up to you how seriously you take trading and how well you do it.

Wordsmith

I have to admit that we all started to trade forex with the aim of making money. But not all of us have been able to do that because it’s not easy to do so. It’s just that traders have different understanding levels and they take their own time to develop an understanding of the market. This is why the time taken to start making money with forex varies from trader to trader.

brindagladden

Not every trader has the same journey. Some might start making profits after a few months of trading while others might be struggling for years and still not making any good returns.

shirleencomer

It is very important that we focus on the right thing and not waste time and energy on an unuseful thing. Traders should not focus on how much time trading profitability might take instead focus on learning and understanding the nature and the behaviour of the market.

quindene

It would vary from person to person. It depends on how willing a trader is to learn and take a risk. It also depends on how serious you take it and whether or not you can treat it as a profession and not a hobby. Not taking it seriously is where most of the traders make their mistakes and lose their money.

maidnagi

It will likely take six months to a year for you to practice and trade until you are consistent enough to make a regular income from forex trading. If you happen to make money from the first couple of months, you are purely lucky.

Tactical

There is no exact period because it solely depends on your trading skills and knowledge. Some traders do it in a year, while there are traders who struggle even after giving 3-4 years to trading. The curve isn’t linear because the market is very unpredictable.