How long does it take you to start earning from your blog?

Immilash

As we all know blogging are also lucrative ways to earn a passive income online, but for you to start earning from your blog it takes lot of time depending on how you design the blog. My question here is how long does it takes before you can start earning from your blog? I await your responses.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Well I do not have a blog but I have a friend that is into the business and up till now, he is still struggling to make a living from it, but trust me, this guy has the passion for this work, but I guess it is not yet his time to make it from the job because I believe everything in life is based on time. But the good thing I like about him is that he has never shown any sign of giving up, which serves as a motivation for me as well, he always say that he is sure that one story will eventually make him known to the world someday.

Immilash

Well I do not have a blog but I have a friend that is into the business and up till now, he is still struggling to make a living from it, but trust me, this guy has the passion for this work, but I guess it is not yet his time to make it from the job because I believe everything in life is based on time. But the good thing I like about him is that he has never shown any sign of giving up, which serves as a motivation for me as well, he always say that he is sure that one story will eventually make him known to the world someday.
I think that's a good friend to mingle with, those are kind of friends that will contribute a lot to your life, but for blogging it takes time before you can earn from it, it all depends on your efforts.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I saw the first penny on my blog after 4 months of blogging. However, the money did not come from ads or affiliate sales. The revenue came from a friend who wanted to help me maintain the blog. This friend had a business and regularly spent on ads, so he proposed to sponsor my blog for one month for $30. I think I made my first income from adsense in 5th month. It was just $1 from 3 ad clicks. I have come a long way, and these days, I earn from adsense. I don't reach payment threshold every month, though

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think this question should be thrown to people that does it, well from my idea, blogging business is not the type that earns you money shortly after you starts it, one has to be very patient and consistent because it part of the major factors needed to be successful in doing it. For example, do you know how long it took tunde ednut to build that blogging brand, he was a musician and I am quite certain that he had to give up music to focus on this blogging job and I am happy for him that it is paying off for him.