How long should be the response time for customer support?

Etini

Valued Contributor
Customers love it when they get their customer support queries responded to. Unfortunately, this is where some businesses get it absolutely wrong. They fail in responding to customer support query within reasonable timeframe. This article looks to explore the time lag it should take before within which customer support queries should be answered.

1) Live Chats: A business that offers customer service through live chat should respond to a query within two to seven minutes after the query was sent. Anything other than that, that channel has failed.

2) Phone support: After 3 rings at most, there should be a response. Anything further from that is a disappointment from getting support from that channel.

3) Emails: Customer support services through emails should not exceed 25 hours for a response to be sent back.. When that timeframe is stretched further, customer support has failed.

Activator230822

Verified member
ln my opinion, the response time that the business should make to the clients that have submitted support tickets should not be more than six hours.
This is because l had one time Paid for the TV service. It took more than thirty minutes longer for the service to resume which is likely abnormal.
So because l was waiting for a programme on the TV, l decided to submit a support ticket to the company regarding the same.
I was upset when they answered my query after twenty four hours.

King bell

VIP Contributor
The ideal customer support response time is relative to industry standards, business type, and customer expectations, but in general, the faster the response, the better the customer satisfaction and retention. We suggest you use the following guidelines: Immediate Response: For urgent matters or live chat support a few seconds to respond is what your customers would expect. Email Support: Aim for 24 hours, but as fast as a few hours will gain attention and increased satisfaction. Social Media: Better be a few hours featured response time on Twitter or Facebook Phone Support: Engaging with your customer immediately can be expected where phone support is in place.