How to avoid getting scammed

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Obviously, it has turned out to be a dog eat dog world these days because people do not really have genuine love for each other anymore or even care to think about what the next person will feel like if he or she falls a victim.
I have fell victim of scam in some number of times though, so I know how it feels like to get scammed, the first time it happened to me, I used my upkeep money to purchase a particular tool needed for my work not knowing that the person was aiming to scam me. Unfortunately, he was successful and I felt like a fool, I had to suffer for it for some weeks before I could get another money from my parents then. From my experience I think these are some of the tips that could prevent someone from getting duped.

1. Don’t fall for cheaper price, better quality
2. Don’t do business with strangers

1. Don’t fall for cheaper price, better quality: This is one of the things that scammers use to lure people into getting into their traps, imagine trying to buy a car that is worth one million Naira at the price three hundred thousand Naira. Your instinct should tell you that it is possible to be a scam.

2. Don’t do business with strangers: This is one helpful tip, I know it is a stranger that turns friend but make sure such person or brand is traceable and well known in the business.

You have highlighted the major and easy ways we can avoid being scammed . Many people got scammed of their hard earned money because they always look for cheaper places to do transactions. They always want to patronize websites that can promise them much even if they don't do much. Some also trust stranger easily. They always trust strangers with sensitive materials.

This happens everyday, but it usually happen to people that are not aware and careful, some people are fond of trying to get the best quality with a lower price which is not wise enough because it is one of the things that scammers use to attract their victims, so things like this should not be taken as a priority because drags one to the point getting duped in which there will not be any remedy to be done to reverse the action that has already been done. My advice is that one should make thorough research before bumping into any platform, especially when it involves investing money.

Thanks for your wonderful write up, most of the time a lot of people have been scam on the internet and from all observation those people who have been scam on internet reported that they were trying to buy products at relatively cheap prices other than what is being sold in the normal market and this has lead to the conclusion that Greed is always one of the things that lead a lot of people be scam on the internet ... If we can be able to overcome this obviously the chance of us being scanned from the internet will be very low, for me personally I hardly buy products from people on the internet the reason is because most of the products available on the internet are not trusted and those people who are selling it are not also trusted, most especially if they are not using a popular and renowned shopping site like jumia or AliExpress... The most important thing we all should never fail to understand is to be so observant when things are too good to be true because this is the reason a lot of people have been scam on the internet.. They pursue things which they believe to be extremely cheap. That is how scammers Lure people into their net.

Guard your personal information: fraudsters use a variety of tricks to get you to divulge account numbers and passwords.they send bogus emails designed to look it from your bank and make calls pretending to be with your credit card company and there’s is a reason why they need your personal information .a common ruse is for a phone bandit to ask for your account number and pin to solve a computer problem or to stop fraudulent transactions spotted on your account and it doesn’t matter what they say hangup those who need your account number pins or password already have them.so your social security number is the key to your life.

I really appreciate this bro,a lot of people fall a victim in the wrong site at last being scammed,in order to avoid being scammed,i think first of all we should check out the reviews of the platform being on site or App,in this way i think we'll be able to avoid a scam site, that's my own opinion.