How to create a blog in less than 5 minutes

Creating a blog might be seen as a really tough work. People never believed they could create a website without learning how to code or having a coding and java experience. In this guide, I'll walk you through the steps of creating a blog just like this one and get it all up running.

Firstly, you might wanna spend your time thinking of a good niche and blog name you want to venture into. There are a lot of niche out there such as Entertainment, Technology, Education, etc. Once you've selected your niche, you can think of a simple (preferable 'short') name which would serve as your domain name.

Secondly, signing to blogger using just your email address, this is where you will host your site and get a .blogger.com domain before you buy a custom domain. After creating your new blogger account, give your website a name with the name of your choice and that's all for now.

You have successfully made a website, let's go down to the other steps. Since blogger is owned by Google, your website is hosted for free without paying for any subscription. You can buy custom domain from local or international domain vendors and have it linked to your website. A .com domain would cost higher than a .com.ng domain. You just have to buy one that suites your budget.

This is how I created my site and it is up and running, if you follow this process, I assure you a good and google friendly website. Thank you for reading and do follow up for more threads like this.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Yeah, that is a good way of creating a blog for a newbie. However before you create the blog make sure you know everything about what you are getting into. Watch videos, read books and learn from professional bloggers. I think the purpose of creating a blog is to connect with the world through a particular niche and then get rewarded for that. So it is not advisable to go for free hosting, unless you are not interested in making money. But like you said, it can be a great start to make a newbie familiarize with the whole concept of blogging before taking a deep plunge into it. So it also works well.

thewolfpreneur

Great work my brother. Really appreciate your work

I wanna focus on two part here as well: focus on a micro-niche if you want to successfully make money with it. An ex of micro-niche is Weight loss(micro niche) under health & fitness niche. I said so because if you just start posting in a big niche like health or technology, you will be competing with people who are spending thousands of dollar every day. That's why focusing on a micro-niche is better because there's very low competition and you can make money fast. And you can increase you reach as your log grows

Second: Monetize your blog with the help of affiliate marketing and email marketing from the beginning. What most people do is they rely on adsense to make them money, which really takes a lot of time, it can even take years. So it's better to monetize your blog in addition with affiliate marketing and email marketing

thewolfpreneur

Yeah, that is a good way of creating a blog for a newbie. However before you create the blog make sure you know everything about what you are getting into. Watch videos, read books and learn from professional bloggers. I think the purpose of creating a blog is to connect with the world through a particular niche and then get rewarded for that. So it is not advisable to go for free hosting, unless you are not interested in making money. But like you said, it can be a great start to make a newbie familiarize with the whole concept of blogging before taking a deep plunge into it. So it also works well.
Free doesn't succeed in the long run.
Absolutely right my brother. I suggest going for cheap hosting like hostinger, etc

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are so many ways in which somebody can be able to make money online and blogging is definitely one of them . Recent technology has not made it very easy for people to be able to start and run efficient blog sites. One of the reasons why people always like to choose it is because of how cheap it is and how you can be able to manage and monetize it almost immediately which is an invaluable tool .

First of all you will have to understand the kind of website that you will want to create and the kind of features that you will want to see there . This is going to include if you will want a comment section or you are not going to want the website to be interactive.

Secondly you are going to purchase hosting and then a domain name that is going to be the main route of your website .

You can then proceed to WordPress or any other website builder and then build the site almost immediately . It has been designed in such a way that they are so many free themes and plugins that you can use in creating the website without any knowledge.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is very insightful article. It clearly states step by step ways of creating a blog. In fact, it will be very understood by anybody that is even new to the game. I found myself writing down all the steps highlighted and explained by the poster.

But the fact is that we should be more concerned on how to run a blog more than how to have a blog. It is not a new thing to have a blog. In fact with the above information,it will be so easy for many people to have their blogs crested but is it everybody that can run a blog?

That's a million question that is begging for an answer. People should only go to blogging when they know they have what it takes to be a good blogger. The first criteria is to be gifted with writing skill. There is need to write in a way that will captivate the readers and make them what to have more of it.

And the next is to make sure there are people that are ready to be our audience. This can be found on social media and other platoforms. That's why an intended blogger needs to choose the right niche.

Ajebo25

Verified member
You can create a free blog by going to freenom and getting a free domain and go to infinity free you get free hosting then you will install WordPress and start building your blog or you can psy s developer to do it for you.