How to cut down expenses on feeding.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Of all the things, we spend money on, feeding is the singular form that takes up the bigger bulk of the budget. It is not possible to stay without eating. It can't be avoided. And you have to eat right too. Food is becoming more expensive every day. To eat a good meal with some reasonable amount of protein should cost something in the region of $5. How do you comparatively reduce the cost of feeding so you can free up finances to meet other needs?

The first thing that would help you reduce your bill for food is that you should avoid eating out. From experience, the amount a person spends eating out in a single meal can provide him/ her two meals if the person cooked by himself/ herself. Apart from the cost of the food, the food vendor has to incorporate other costs like rent, electricity, etc into the bill thereby making you pay far more than the cost of the food.

Another tip that would help you reduce your bills on food is to buy food in bulk rather than retailing. When you buy in bulk, you get discounts and offers which makes it cheaper in the long run. The retailer shops buy the food items at the cost you would have bought in bulk and sell it at a profit to you.

With these two tips, you can reduce the amount you spend on food to the barest minimum. Notwithstanding, don't compromise the quality of your food.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You might not realize, a large portion of your income goes into your food bill. You also spend additional money to prepare your food (electricity and cooking gas bills). if you can cut your spending on food, you will be able to save a lot of money. A lot of people ask how can I cut my food bill because I need food to survive. Well, if you check what you are eating, you might realize not all food you eat is necessary to live. For example, you can cut your spending on tea and coffee, ice creams and chocolates, etc. Foods have different prices attached, you can still practice healthy eating by switching to cheaper alternatives. For example, you can start eating more beans and less meat as you get protein from beans as well, and beans cost less than meat. You can also start container gardening to grow your own vegetables.