How to deal with late payment of salaries

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are a few ways to deal with late payment of salaries. The most important thing is to stay calm and collective. The following are some tips on how to deal with the situation:

- Talk to your employer. The first step is to talk to your employer about the situation. They may not be aware of the issue, and may be able to rectify it relatively quickly.

- Get help from a lawyer or union. If talking to your employer does not resolve the situation, you may need to get help from a lawyer or union. They will be able to advise you on your rights and help you to get the money you are owed.

- File a complaint with the government. If you are not able to resolve the situation with your employer, you can file a complaint with the government. This will allow them to investigate the situation and may result in your employer being fined or penalized.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
This is not due to the employer but due to purchasers from a company. Imagine that I purchase by giving a check dated in the next month. Means in reality employer has sold something but not getting funds at time. This cause sometimes one week delay of payment due to corruption of funds during working.

In any business, salary payments are one of the most important - and most difficult - aspects to handle. Not only do you need to make sure that you have the money available to cover the salaries, but you also need to ensure that the payments are made on time. Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan, and you may find yourself in a situation where some or all of your employees haven't been paid on time.

What should you do if this happens?
1. The first step is to stay calm and try to work out a solution. The last thing you want is for your employees to start kicking you out for causing a fight.

2. Talk to your boss: The second step is to talk to your boss about the situation. Your boss may not be aware of the delay, and may be able to help expedite the process.

3. Contact your HR department: If you are unable to get a resolution from your boss, you can contact your HR department for assistance. They may be able to help you get paid sooner.

4. File a complaint with the labour board: If you have tried talking to your boss and it didn't bring out a positive result, filling a complaint might be the necessary step to take next.

Etini

Valued Contributor
An employer has no reason whatsoever not to pay salaries as of when due. It is a mark of great irresponsibility by an employer not to pay his staff when their salaries are due. As an employer, you have a whooping one month to plan and pay your staff. Should we even talk about the wickedness part of it? Is it not wickedness for you not to pay a person who has given up his/ her time working for you?

As for me, I take it personally when I am not paid as when due. I would remind you of my due date and hear your reactions and response. If it delays for two to three more days, I would strike. At that point, a confrontation is imminent. It is a great mark of responsibility for an employer to pay his workers on time. It is not open for debate.