How to Deal with Losses Trading Forex

Shaf

Verified member
In trading forex, you can't win all the time. There will be times you have to accept that it's just not your luck.

So what do you do when you lose?

Do you run or quit? Do you revenge trade in order to make it all back in one trade? Do you call it a scam where all you are is liquidity for market makers?
There are many ways to deal with losses when you trade.

The first step, even before you enter a trade is to know and acknowledge that it may go against you, hence the need for stop loss and risk management techniques. This way, you stay safe mentally and financially even if you lose.

If the loss happens despite that, it's best to accept it and blame no one else. This will help you make logical decisions, find out what went wrong and how you can avoid it in the future.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
There are hundreds of video tutorials available on youtube by watching which you can flourish your trading basic. There are several e-books also available online. Eurotrader provides traders with a free educational program, and a free demo trading account for practicing.

Finger Geek

Verified member
This normal for us to loss our trades some times but frequent lose is something that must never happen. If something like this happens, then it means that we don't know how to trade forex yet and we will need to learn more.

For someone that is ready to trade forex, we need to be careful with our trades and also the lot to use if very important. For us to choose a lot, we must first determine the total amount of money that we are using for trading. Knowing this, it will help is to minimize loss input trades. Like for someone that wants to trade with $100, he should know that his trade should not go beyond 0.01 lots as this will help if there is a lost and also minimize the risk of lossing our money.

So when we loss in forex trading, we should not see it as game over but also learn new startegy or maybe we made mistake from our previous trade and adjust our trades. I have lost many time before I am now trading ok. What I did then is that I looked for a professional and paid him to teach me some startegy, and this helped my trading.

FXOchartist

Verified member
Loss in trading sometimes inevitable, however we can manage the risk based risk management plan, here stop loss is the most important feauture in accordance to manage the risk. Stop loss will prevent from further loss when the market against our trades in long term.

Besides using stop loss we can also using trailing stop, however one drawbacks using trailing stop is trading platfrom must running anc connect trading server in our broker. Let say I use trailing stop in FXOpen trading platform MT4, so I need to running MT4 to connect trading server to keep trailing stop works.

Asahi

Verified member
Thinking to start Forex trading is a bold step but developing a strategy is the hardest job. You need to learn more and more to attain this ability.Today, learning has become easier due to the availability of internet. Watch video tutorials and read e-books to develop the basics of trading. Eurotrader offers traders free educational program and a smooth trading environment.

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
After analyzing the market, match your analyzed result with others so you can be cleared about its authenticity. In our traders, technical analysis is mostly preferred. Eurotrader allows traders with a reliable trading platform and provides signals so traders can gain from it. They offer all technical tools to traders.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I deal with forex . There will always be a particular period in time in which the market might fail you.
Probably not because your analysis is wrong but because that's how the market was designed to be . At this point you may lose some money , there's nothing you can do about it because that is how the market is and you can not be winner all the time..

That is why no matter the trade I am picking , I always try as much as possible to use a stop loss because that is very important . You can't be 100% sure all the time. And as a result stop loss is always necessary so that you can set a limit of how much you are willing to lose at that market you have entered.

When I lose I do not make any trades to recover back the money because that is more dangerous.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Build a strong mentality that supports you in the time of consistent losses. Besides developing psychology, a person should pose the quality of analyzing the market. Eurotrader’s high leverage, flexible margin level, narrow trading spread and 111% deposit bonus must console your mind.