How to Get a Promotion?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Promotion means you are assigned to a better position and you are earning better. Therefore, promotion is very necessary to excel in your career as well as make money from your job. One of the best ways to ensure that you get a promotion is by improving your skills. You can either learn a new skill or improve your existing skill. This increases your promotion chances. For example, if you're a programmer and if you learn communication skills so that you become good at talking to clients and selling your ideas, you might get promoted in your company. Having better skills always put you in advantage

SHAHID123

Something sometime remain different from place to place and organization to organization. Here in my city the main criteria for promotion is sales numbers ( if you are in sales and marketing job). More sales an individual do more chances of promotion he'll get. In gsk I observed this thing very closely as one of my friend was expert in product detailing and he was the winner of many contests but he didn't get promotion, while my other colleague who has very average product knowledge but achieved very high sales number, he was promoted within few months.

Leah Kelvin

To get a promotion, you need to work hard in a focused manner and plan ahead. And in order for you to have a better chance of getting promoted, you must excel at your present job by going above the expectation and demanding more responsibilities. Indicate what you would like to achieve in your profession to your supervisor and look for his or her feedback that can assist in enhancing your performance. By having leadership qualities, continually encouraging their development, and recording one’s accomplishments on paper; these are the things that the manager ought to do. Always be proactive in looking for opportunities to grow, express interest in moving up the career ladder and remain calm as well as assertive enough. It will be possible for an individual who focuses on self-advancement, builds relationships with others as well as seeks every opportunity available within their reach; this will help them get promoted when they are working from an atmosphere of competitiveness.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Getting a promotion is not just about your skills and performance, it is also about having a good inter personal relationship with your boss, management team, as well as peers. If you are one of the most loved person in the office, everyone will vouch for you and you will be able to get a promotion. If you are one of the most detested person in the workplace, how can you get a promotion even when you are very good at your job. You also need to build relationship