How to Get High Paying Freelancing Contracts in 2023

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Freelancing continues to be one of the best ways to make money in 2023. According to a report published by Udemy, more than 80 percent people enrol on Udemy courses because they want to become a freelancer.

If you are already a freelancer, and if you are not getting high paying freelancing contracts, here are a couple of things you can do.

Learn New Skills

You surely can earn as a writer but if you actually want to earn more, you need to learn new skills. This will not only allow you to earn by working as a writer but also by working on another niche. I am using writing just as an example.

Upskill

Learning new skill is important but upskilling is even more important. This will allow you to make more from your existing skill. Let’s say you are earning as an article writer, how about upskilling and exploring other kind of writings such as copywriting, technical writing, newsletter writing, product description writing.

Networking

You should build your network. The more people you have in your network, you will have better access to earning opportunities. You can join freelancer groups on facebook, you can build connections on LinkedIn, you continue to build your social media followings.

arunima25

Verified member
You have mentioned some really valid points here. These three points that you mentioned... learning new skill, upskilling and networking...they are important for any career growth including freelancing. There is a vast source of knowledge available online and we have many good online resources to learn a skill. Many courses are available online to learn a new skill. Some of them are even free or very reasonable. Upskilling is important. We know that the world is fast changing and so is the job requirements. One needs to stay updated accordingly to stay in the competition and to fit it. If you keep updating your skills, you have chances of getting absorbed into new job opportunities available.
And last not the least, networking and the power of network in any professional line can not be undermined. World is reduced to a global village, thanks to the technology and the power of social media platforms. More network always has many pros. You can reach out to more people with your profile, get your skills marketed and showcase your talent there to attract more employers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
No matter what you do some skills are very essential, for instance, you need SEO, digital marketing, and content creation (writing as well as video making and podcasting) skills to become a freelancer. Let's say you do web designing, how will you pitch your idea to your possible clients if you do not have writing skills, let's say you are a graphic designer, how will you sell your service without SEO and digital marketing. Whether you want to learn a new skill or upskill, you should always consider if these skills will allow you to create your own products to make money.

arunima25

Verified member
No matter what you do some skills are very essential, for instance, you need SEO, digital marketing, and content creation (writing as well as video making and podcasting) skills to become a freelancer. Let's say you do web designing, how will you pitch your idea to your possible clients if you do not have writing skills, let's say you are a graphic designer, how will you sell your service without SEO and digital marketing. Whether you want to learn a new skill or upskill, you should always consider if these skills will allow you to create your own products to make money.
These are definitely valuable suggestions. One has to keep learning and updating themselves to stay competitive and in demand. Things aee changing too quick with all the technology advancements. You have mentioned some really in demand skills for freelancing there. I often think of starting as a freelancer and quit my offline job in few years to work from home. I would like to get myself fully equipped before I take that step of quitting my secured offline job. I want to do some course this summer vacation, that would be two months of vacation. It would be April and May. I would go back to work in June. So, would like to utilise this two months for learning some new skill. You have experience with freelancing wirk. Please suggest one or two courses of content writing and SEO that I could finish in this vacation. I can devote two to three hours in a day for that.
You are right that if we can't use the skill for creating our own product, it's not fully utilised and optimised. I would like to use to cor my own website that I want to launch in a month or two. I have the domain name registered, some contents ready to be published. I am right now learning from few tutorials to maje an attractive website. I have made few templates so far. I am going a bit slow.

Mika

VIP Contributor
These are definitely valuable suggestions. One has to keep learning and updating themselves to stay competitive and in demand. Things aee changing too quick with all the technology advancements. You have mentioned some really in demand skills for freelancing there. I often think of starting as a freelancer and quit my offline job in few years to work from home. I would like to get myself fully equipped before I take that step of quitting my secured offline job. I want to do some course this summer vacation, that would be two months of vacation. It would be April and May. I would go back to work in June. So, would like to utilise this two months for learning some new skill. You have experience with freelancing wirk. Please suggest one or two courses of content writing and SEO that I could finish in this vacation. I can devote two to three hours in a day for that.
You are right that if we can't use the skill for creating our own product, it's not fully utilised and optimised. I would like to use to cor my own website that I want to launch in a month or two. I have the domain name registered, some contents ready to be published. I am right now learning from few tutorials to maje an attractive website. I have made few templates so far. I am going a bit slow.
Go to Alison dot com. Choose the courses that are most appropriate for you. Complete the courses diligently. Alison is a free learning site, so, there is nothing to lose. You can learn at your own pace. There are so many things to learn in order to become successful online, and it is not possible to learn everything. Therefore, you need to become sure of what you want to do and choose the skill based on your goal. Some skills are essential no matter what you want to do, therefore, try to learn these skills as well.

arunima25

Verified member
Go to Alison dot com. Choose the courses that are most appropriate for you. Complete the courses diligently. Alison is a free learning site, so, there is nothing to lose. You can learn at your own pace. There are so many things to learn in order to become successful online, and it is not possible to learn everything. Therefore, you need to become sure of what you want to do and choose the skill based on your goal. Some skills are essential no matter what you want to do, therefore, try to learn these skills as well.
Thank you so much. Your advice is very much appreciated. I was looking forward to such clear instructions and guidance. When I Google about the same, it takes me to a huge ocean and that can be overwhelming too. This is the last working month of academic year. I am having a two month long summer vacation and I would like to do this seriously this time. I have been procrastinating things for quite some time. I want to have my own website and develop contents there. I need to learn Content writing/ development, SEO to get traffic to the site and about social media marketing to make is successful. That's my understanding. You have experience and you can let me know if I have decided for the right kind of courses.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you want to get high paying freelance contracts in 2023, here's how to do it:

1. Start by making sure that your portfolio is full of work that's in demand right now. If you don't have any clients yet, this could be a good time to start building one!

2. Next, make sure that you're doing all the things that are required for getting paid well as a freelancer like sending out invoices and getting paid on time (or even early). If you can do these things consistently, then it'll be easier for clients who are looking for someone who will complete their projects quickly and accurately (and who can also work with them on their timeline).

3. Finally, focus on marketing yourself so that people know what kind of services you offer and how much money they can expect from working with you!