How to Learn Yoga For Health and Fitness?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Yoga is one of the greatest inventions to come from India. For a layman, yoga is just a physical training to remain healthy and fit, however for advance learner, yoga is more than physical exercise, it is also mental exercise and a method to deal with mental issues. A lot of people use yoga to lose weight, remain fit, control diabetes and heart diseases, manage stress and anxiety, as well as gain spiritual growth.

Probably, you have already heard about Yoga. If you are intrigued by Yoga, you might have even wanted to learn Yoga. However, you might be confused on how to learn yoga. Here are simple tips to learn Yoga

There are various ways to learn yoga:
  • Learn yoga by watching videos on TV or YouTube;
  • Join the Online Yoga Program and follow the instructions;
  • Go to a yoga class and learn directly from yoga instructors.
  • Learn Yoga from the DVDs from Yoga Instructors
If you want to try Yoga to just s light exercise, you can learn by watching Yoga on YouTube, DVD or TV. If you want to learn Yoga step by step, you should join a Yoga class. If going to a class is not possible, you can also learn yoga online.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have no plans for learning yoga to become expert on the field but I would like to explore some yoga method for health benefits. I think it is better to do light exercise like yoga instead of intensive workout. Unless you are a body builder or want to work as a personal security, or a bouncer, or want to join army or police, there is no necessary to lift weight. Yoga will be much better for physical fitness. I hear that yoga can also reduce your weight substantially in few weeks. I would like to learn basic yoga methods