How to Make a Lot of Money Selling Domains

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Domain selling, domain flipping to be precise, is highly lucrative money making opportunity. It is also one of the best passive income sources. But sadly a lot of people end up renewing the domain for many years with no sales.

Recently, I sold two domain names. I had spent $65 on each domain and sold for $300 each. Before I sold the domains I had been renewing the domains for 5 years. I had to wait for 5 years to profit from my domains. You can understand how much patience you need in order to sell domains.

One of the common mistakes I see with domains is having a log domain name. If your domain has 10 plus letters, it will be difficult to sell. Therefore, if you want to sell domains avoid buying domain with a long name.

Do not buy a domain name just because you like it. Before buying see what kind of domains are trending. If you are buying domains that you would be selling in future, also check the recent sales on namebio.com.

Also, do not use hyphens or abbreviations. People do not like domains with hyphens or abbreviations.

Dot com domains are obviously popular, but there is absolutely no necessary to get a dot com.

Yeah, Domain flipping is a lucrative way of making money, there's one domain forum that visit frequently and I'm always amazed with the amount they sell their domains for, but what stood out was they were really patient before they sell, some narrated that they have backed out from different negotiations because they are not satisfied with the offer.

I like to think of domain names as real estate online, because a good domain name is very easy to remember and it will make your site stands out, one just needs patience when it comes to domaining because it may take long before one can sell a domain especially if you're not out bounding.

Firstly check whether your domain name has potential to make money.you can join namepros forum or go to appraisal section,see what other domains members are appraisals, you can then enter your name and wait forreplies. Next you could go to various social media groups and become a member.dnt blantky promote your domain,but get involved in discussion

If you spent $65 on a domain over the period of 5 years and managed to get $300 from the domain, I think that's a good business. based on what you have said, you will be able to sell the domain only when it is an old domain. When I check domain marketplaces, I always see that the high-priced domains are old domains. recently, I was browsing namecheap marketplace and saw a domain sold for $10,000. Interestingly it was a dot com registwered 10 years ago. The owner was continously renewing the domain for 10 years. I do not think a lot of people have that kind of patience.