How to make money as a business consultant

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
First of all, this job is not quite popular in nigeria because it is not that advisable to make it as a source of living because people do not really know the value of it, the problem is because the level of exposure in a place like my country is not that much and it makes most people underrate the importance of such profession, even as a student in the tertiary institution in nigeria, if you make such course as what you study, it will seem like you do not have a hope of getting a good paying job in the future after you are done in school.
Second of all, As a business consultant, your job is to advise people on how to go about their establishment in order to earn more money than they have been earning or advise them on what to do when a company is facing some hard times.
Some of them do get paid as much as three hundred dollar per session with them and then again, they are sometimes employed as a salary earning worker by a brand to give them advices on the steps to take to make great profits. They are being paid at the amount of three thousand and four hundred dollar as an average monthly pay.

Before you think about becoming a business consultant, you need a degree in Business Studies or Business Administration. You need to be at least a graduate in the relevant field. You also need a lot of experience working for big companies. A Business consultant makes money by giving advice and tips to businesses. Therefore, in order to become a business consultant you need a lot of experience and advanced knowledge in business management and operation, marketing strategies, finance, and investment, etc. You also need to be very innovative, you need to think outside the box. You need to be open and accept challenges.

Apparently, you can make money while people consult you for business advice or business decisions but I will have tell you that this kind of profession sells in some countries than other countries. Even if you are professional business consultant in my country, you would not have so many people patronizing you. Why? Cos people don't tend to want try and pay for such services, they believe in trial and error kind of thing. Though, when you try things yourself and fail, it further gives you much more experience than someone who goes to receive advices about business from a consultant....Just my opinion!