How to make money online as a painting artist

Nahid25

Banned
Painting is becoming so lucrative nowadays in nigeria, well I can say that this is probably because people are beginning to become exposed at those kind of things, what I meant to say is that, they are getting used to appreciating the beauty of art. If you have noticed, you will be able to find out that it used to be one of the underestimated jobs but these days I am glad to see that people are finally giving it attention and they are seeing how much it can add to beauty both interior and exterior decoration.
Well, as a painting artist, there are some ways to add more to your earnings online asides the ones you make offline through the regular sales of art. Some of the ways to go about it are;

1. Make use of freelancing platforms
2. Make use of social media

1. Make use of freelancing platforms: If you are smart enough to view this idea, it would come to your notice that this particular job in question can be classified as a freelance job. So I do not think anything should stop anyone doing it to register on sites like fiverr in order to make more earnings.

2. Make use of social media: I don’t think I have to say much about how this method can be helpful since we all know that almost everybody are becoming social online, which makes it an advantage to convert it to a way to promote one’s painting job.

digipreneur

If you are an artist and know the online world then you can make a good amount of money on the internet there are many options in which you can try to earn money like you can make NFT which is a hot topic nowadays and also pay you a very handsome amount. you can also try to make banner online on Fiverr, Upwork and freelancer site if you are good at it you can earn much amount from this also you can work in some private company as an artist.

Moni

Yeah the system is changing now so if you are an artist then you have to find a way to brand yourself too. I have a friend who is a painting artist and now he has improve in both painting and digital painting too which he sell them on the internet.

E

eldavis

Social media is one of the most popular and easy way to make money as an artist. I recently got a job as a photo editor for a small company, on a daily basis I usually come across photographers and artist and most of the artist I have seen usually post their works on social media, that's where they market their works. They get clients who ask them to draw their pictures.

Skysaint

Verified member
Although I am not so sure but I don't think that occupation is something you be able to do or a service you will be able to offer outside your immediate country unless you're a renowned artist. Like you have rightly said, painting is actually a work of art and you need to deliver your package to the client offline. It's not something you can do and send through the internet to clients irrespective of their place of origin or where they reside like in graphics designing.
So as an artist, your target audience should be those within your country and you can get in touch with them online by using different social media handles. You advertise some of your works there and anyone who's thrilled and in need of your services will contact you.
Meanwhile, I don't agree with signing up in a freelancing site as it will expose you to customers within and outside your country. Then my question is, how will you deliver your work to a client who's not living in your country? Clients from another country can only patronize you if actually you are a renowned artiste and well known internationally.
Anyway, that's my thought although I stand to be corrected if am wrong.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The problem is that the country you are living in also play a very important factors in the success of most businesses , here most of these businesses are just the type of business which we believe are being done by people who have no good education system but sometimes this is not always true because most of the artist who we are seeing around are really talented in what they have to offer as we always see.

General to me I do not consider this business is a lucrative business in anyway but anyone who is really interested to engage in this business has to do It on spare time because depending on this business over here in which people does not appreciate art may be risky because the business may not likely generate the required money that you need in your daily life management.

Well advertising your business might expose your business to thousands of people but the most important thing is how you are good in advertising your product and how you can be able to attract the best people who might be interested in the services you have to offer.. if you are advertising i believe you have to go international because concentrating to attract people within your country may not bring the desired result.